Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    princessmacarthur Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 1, 2006, 06:29 PM
    Cat and dog help!
    Hello, my family have a 6 month old beagle puppy and 3 cats. Well, my dog goes after the oldest cat, scruffy. She will hit him in the mouth(by the way she has nof ront claws) and he likes it. He will chase her but will not bite her. He will also go after the other cat cuddles who we just got. She is the only one that goes outside. She will howl like he was killing her. On the other hand, princess will chase him. She is a big cat. She has about 6-8 claws on one front paw and 5-7 claws on the other. And one BIG choice we will not do is give him away! So please help. If you have any suggestions please feel free to email me at [email protected] thank you so much!

From,
    Cat and dog owner in need for help
    phillysteakandcheese Posts: 973, Reputation: 356

Feb 1, 2006, 06:39 PM
    Over time, they will come to understand that they have to live together and will probably sort out their pecking order. You may need to discourage your dog from harasssing "Cuddles".

Just give all of them love and they will be fine together.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Feb 1, 2006, 07:42 PM
    At 6 months the puppy is near his adult size and will not be getting to be more of a threat. You might make sure the cats have plenty of places to escape the puppy. Some of the boxes on poles they make for cats might be a good idea. I am not sure the lower ones relying on just a small hole would be as effective against such a small dog.

They do seem to be sorting things out faily well as is.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

View more questions Search