Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    julesm Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 1, 2006, 06:03 PM
    2002 Dodge ram
    My truck will crank and sounds real good, but it will not stay running, even if I try to press the accelerator. It just dies. Any ideas on what could be wrong and the least expensive things to check first?
    huskyjjc Posts: 35, Reputation: 3

Mar 5, 2006, 09:42 PM
    OK this may sound strange but I had this happen in my shop. I was never able to find out why it worked but it did . First make sure spark and fuel are good. If so buy carb cleaner and spray half the can in the throttle body spray the linkage and all inside . After you spray try to start it if the truck will not crank because too much cleaner then just pull a spark plug or two out she will crank when she fires up keep it running and after it stays running spray the rest of the cleaner in while its running

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Looking for MS Access 2002 Template [ 3 Answers ]

I finally picked up a copy of MS Access (2002). I'm looking for a Template for a Membership List. There's just one that came with the program - and MS's site doesn't have one for 2002. Googling is getting me nowhere. Anyone know of some template sources that I can look at? Thanks!

2002 Ford Focus [ 1 Answers ]

I just purchased my car and from time to time the car will not start I had a car alarm in it and it was taken out by a certified technician. It has been looked over several times. However, when it does not start if you remove the ignition relay and put it back in the car starts right up! Any idea's...

Chevrolet Cavalier 2002 [ 2 Answers ]

All of a sudden, out of the blue, my car starts squeaking and creaking. Sounds like the front end is going to fall out. It is specifically when the tires go over a bump. Doesn't get worse when turning or pulling into my driveway. Does it need a lube? Is it the shocks? Is it the chassis? Help.

Quicken 2002 [ 3 Answers ]

How does one delete an entire year of transactions at once, i.e. without having to go in and delete one by one? I have used Quicken for many years and have accumulated a great deal of data that I would like to eliminate in yearly chunks without disturbing the categories and accounts I've entered. I...

View more questions Search