Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ineedhelpfast Posts: 101, Reputation: 7

Mar 7, 2008, 11:25 PM
    Bible conspiracy
    Isn't kind of odd how in the book of revelation it talks about a time where all men will have to get a mark either on there hand or their forehead bearing the mark of the beast. And today we have id cards and soon we will be getting chips implanted in us to identify us, our bank account, and other stuff like that.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 7, 2008, 11:29 PM
    Who said we are getting chips?? Potato chips maybe, hopefully with onion dip.

The Book of Revelation was written for a certain time and predicted something that has now passed in history.

Mar 7, 2008, 11:32 PM
    What do you mean already passed, and yes we are getting chips just look it up and all the facts that prove it is going to happen
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 7, 2008, 11:40 PM
    Sorry, but most see the idea of marks on head and hands to describe what the person does. The head is the symbol of what man things, his hands is the symbol of what works he does.

So in general there is a train of though and teachings, that this passage means that man will not work unless he has a evil mind and does evil works with his hands, that a Christian will not be able do work in those places because he will not for his moral values.

Generatons have though this or that was the sign, most thought social security cards where, then passports, many say drivers license

It could have also been a credit card that the writer saw and saw the bar code he was holding. If we want to pick on something.

The fact is, the mark will have to be something that a christian could not do for religious grounds, not some ID method that was merely a government techonogy. Now if one had to bow down and worship Hillary before getting that Chip implant, and if you did not worship Hillary, you could not get one, then yes, that could be a sign.
    inthebox Posts: 787, Reputation: 179

Mar 7, 2008, 11:44 PM
    Hillary ! :D Golly, that's funny.

Radio-frequency identification - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Is this what the poster means? :eek:
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 7, 2008, 11:46 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ineedhelpfast
    what do you mean already passed, and yes we are getting chips just look it up and all the facts that prove it is going to happen
    Yes, passed. And no, we are not going to have chips implanted.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 7, 2008, 11:48 PM
    Guess I am the odd one on the chip, I say bring them on, easy to spot a wanted criminal, a lot less stolen babies and children, all my medical info right there when I am rushed into a ER and no one knows who I am any other way.

I can remember in the early 70's when everyone was saying computers were the anti christ or the mark, then it was the internet?? Maybe they are right, about the internet, hard to surf without finding evil.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 7, 2008, 11:57 PM
    Alzheimer's patients in a few nursing homes were chipped to see if that helped find them if they wandered away and got lost.

As for Revelation, Lutherans believe it was coded for pre-Christian Rome and the Emperor Nero respectively. It may be interpreted literally as events that will happen during the "End Times" or it is also understood to be symbolic and about the historical period in which Revelation was written.

Mar 8, 2008, 04:41 PM
    I think you are very confused a about the end times. Wonder girl, Cataclysmic environmental changes—a coming nuclear World War—the rise and fall of governments worldwide—food shortages—widespread disease and pestilence! These and other nightmarish events are foretold in the final pages of the Bible. . Today, the governments and societies of men are like a condemned building waiting to be knocked down. While people scramble to save it with peace summits, coalitions, treaties and aid programs, this “building”—the culmination of 6,000 years of men ruling themselves—sways back and forth in the “winds” of increasing poverty, economic instability and the growing threat of mutually-assured mass destruction.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 8, 2008, 04:49 PM
    i think you are very confused a bout the end times. wonder girl, Cataclysmic environmental changes—a coming nuclear World War—the rise and fall of governments worldwide—food shortages—widespread disease and pestilence! These and other nightmarish events are foretold in the final pages of the Bible. . Today, the governments and societies of men are like a condemned building waiting to be knocked down. While people scramble to save it with peace summits, coalitions, treaties and aid programs, this “building”—the culmination of 6,000 years of men ruling themselves—sways back and forth in the “winds” of increasing poverty, economic instability and the growing threat of mutually-assured mass destruction.
    It depends on who you listen to and believe. Those things have happened throughout history. I'm not worried. I trust in God and agree with this poet --

Some say the world will end in fire,
    Some say in ice.
    From what I've tasted of desire
    I hold with those who favor fire.
    But if it had to perish twice,
    I think I know enough of hate
    To say that for destruction ice
    Is also great
    And would suffice.

-- Robert Frost

Mar 8, 2008, 10:06 PM
    I just hope your ready when the time does come
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 8, 2008, 10:06 PM
    I'm ready now.

Mar 8, 2008, 10:17 PM
    That's great, honestly though, you don't see anything that even looks like a sign of the times. I mean things in the middle east are getting heated even more than before
    Galveston1 Posts: 362, Reputation: 53

Mar 10, 2008, 12:56 PM
    There are definitely many end time events that are yet to come. We have ONLY one source of information on the subject, so we need to come to the best possible understanding of that information. With that statement, the door opens to a theological discussion. (Whatever became of Morganite?)
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 10, 2008, 09:01 PM
    thats great, honestly though, you dont see anything that even looks like a sign of the times. i mean things in the middle east are getting heated even more than before
    Things have gotten heated in the Middle East many times before this. *yawn* I'm not worried.

Mar 10, 2008, 09:08 PM
    Your not worried because your not over there. If only you knew what it is like over there, or maybe you do, yet your ignorance has blinded you with comments such as "yawn". Although I don't know when he is coming back, you have to look at the signs of time and wonder. Have you heard about this brian guy on you tube, check the jeus re-born thing, its crazy, could this be the anti-christ, I don't know, but I'm going to do everything I can to reach the lost.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 10, 2008, 11:24 PM
    im gonna do everything i can to reach the lost.
    Christians are supposed to do that no matter what -- Matt. 28:19-20.

Haven't you heard? The world is supposed to end on December 21, 2012.
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Mar 11, 2008, 03:37 AM
    The world is supposed to end about every 2 months if you listen to lunatics. And yet we're still here :)

Mar 11, 2008, 09:37 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl
    Christians are supposed to do that no matter what -- Matt. 28:19-20.

Haven't you heard? The world is supposed to end on December 21, 2012.
    so I've heard. But check out the guy from YouTube. Ill get you the link as soon as I can
    Galveston1 Posts: 362, Reputation: 53

Mar 15, 2008, 07:40 PM
    Matt 24:23
    23 Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not.
    (KJV)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The dumbest conspiracy theory you've ever heard [ 8 Answers ]

I'm just wondering, what is the dumbest conspiracy theory you have ever heard? I can't believe some of the dumb stuff that people buy into! Me and my friend both have lots of free time at work, and we have been having this contest to find the dumbest stuff on the internet. So, I typed in...

What do you think of this conspiracy theory? [ 58 Answers ]

FEMA Concentration and Internment Camps http://neverknwo.gnn.tv/blogs/11462/From_the_Army_web_site_comes_proof_of_FEMA_s_REX_84_Program?r=1 Rex 84 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Conspiracy Drug Charge - What to Expect? [ 4 Answers ]

Hello all, I'm new to the site but I was hoping to get some insight for my husband's situation. My husband was listed in a "conspiracy" drug charge that involved him and two other people. He was approached by an FBI agent to come in for questioning. He did not go - we went to a lawyer...

Drug Conspiracy [ 17 Answers ]

Hello everyone. My husband and his friends are awaiting sentencing for drug conspiracy in New Jersey. My husband is a first time offender. He chose to take this case to trial and lost. Would he have accepted a plea agreement, he probably would not be looking at a mandatory minimum of 10 to life. ...

Why do 9/11 conspiracy theoristy multiply? [ 7 Answers ]

It seems the 9/11 conspiracy theorists keep come back to the same questions over and over. Why won't the government answer question truthfully? MSN story: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14723997/

View more questions Search