Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    brjackson Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Mar 6, 2008, 01:04 PM
    Replace or Correct Shower valve?
    I suspect that I have a have a shower valve problem.

When I turn on the shower in the master bath I get full volume of water when the shower handle is turned for cold water. When I turn the handle for hot water the volume of water decrease substantially and the water is warm never hot. I do get good hot water from other bathroom and kitchen sinks.

Am I looking at a shower valve that is incorrectly seated or am I looking at a bigger problem.

Thanks,

Boyd
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Mar 6, 2008, 01:45 PM
    Please tell us the brand name of the valve. Has it got a Temp Control or anti-skald installed? Can you give us a model number? Details! We need lottsa details. Regards, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to replace a leaky shutoff valve [ 3 Answers ]

How do I replace a leaky toilet shutoff valve?

How do I replace a valve in my shower? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a hot water leak in my shower/tubs faucet, I believe its due to a faulty valve. As Im looking at the valve (minus the knob & cover) Im wondering how Im going to get this valve out, I can not get a wrench in the wall, & I don't have socket long enough to clear the shaft that the knob mounts...

How do I replace a needle valve seat on a BS 14? [ 3 Answers ]

I have BS 14 HP with a float type carb. I know the needle is sticking and flooding the engine/ oil/ ground with gas! I have ordered the new needle valve and seat. My question is how do I get the seat out? Does anyone have any information about how to remove one? Help please... Mower parked in...

Replace shower Plumbing Valve assembly shower head 2 knobs [ 3 Answers ]

In a fiberglass corner shower shell. What I have is an old leaking rusted Shower valve assembly. It leaks from the Shower head that is a hand sprayer with a wall mount from the sprayer. It also leaks around the both the hot and cold water wall mount knobs. The cold water knob the sleeve that...

Correct plumbing of a shower valve [ 1 Answers ]

I bought a single handle shower valve and the hot and cold inlets are not marked. Is the hot ALWAYS the left and cold ALWAYS the right? Thanks for your help

View more questions Search