Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jlwaldon Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 1, 2008, 07:05 PM
    Orphaned puppy
    I have a 4 week. Old puppy that just lost its mom. It was started on Puppy Chow at 3 weeks. & seemed to be doing fine. We did not know we were going to lose the mom. We don't know why the mom died. But now the pup is not eating so good & has watery bloody stools. He was wormed by the vet 2 days ago & I am wondering if this could cause the loose stools. I went & bought puppy formula today & I am forcing him to eat now. He only eats an eyedropper or 2. I lost the mom, I don't want to lose him too. He is a Lab/mix puppy. Can someone help me.
    teachnk Posts: 275, Reputation: 50

Mar 1, 2008, 07:10 PM
    Get him to the vet immediately. Bloody stools could be a sign of parvo and if so a quick response can greatly increase your pups chances. See if you can find an emergency animal hospital. If you call your vet's office they will often have a message referring to the closest 24 hour animal hospital.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Puppy trying to go back home? Puppy Attatchment? [ 8 Answers ]

http://bp2.blogger.com/_FAAhWpUtQZk/RuRyYXJT6-I/AAAAAAAAABE/oFHBuJrtsyU/s1600-h/buddahs.jpg Photo can also be seen at buddahs.jpg (image) Above a photo of Johnny Cash (jack russell mix). Someone gave me this dog mid August when she was 2 months old. I had her from mid August till the end of...

When can I get another puppy after my puppy died of parvo? [ 19 Answers ]

My husband and I recently bought a puppy. 5 days later she was very sick and after taking her to the vet hospital we found out she had parvo. We did everything possible to help her get better but after 5 days of 24 hour treatment we had to put her to sleep. We've now learned that she contacted the...

Looking for a cartoon movie about an orphaned fawn (not Bambi) [ 2 Answers ]

When I was a little girl (in the early 80s) I watched an animated film about a fawn who loses his mother during a snowstorm. This is what I remember. They are walking together in the snowstorm looking for shelter. The fawn tells his mom that he's too tired and can't go on. His mother realizes...

Puppy pining after death of puppy sister [ 1 Answers ]

In November I adopted two no determined breed puppies who were about 9 weeks old. Although they did not look alike, my feeling was they were siblings. WE have had several power outages in our area and despite having two gates barring my property the puppies were able to get out and sadly the...

Orphaned kitten [ 6 Answers ]

What do I feed an orphaned kitten 1 week old? Is regular mild OK or is evaporated milk better?

View more questions Search