Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    starrym00n26 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 25, 2008, 02:49 PM
    Can my son use my boyfriend's last name?
    Hello, my boyfriend and I have been together for a year and a half now and my son (whom is 5) thinks that he is his real father, which of course he is not. They have a real father-son bond and we are working on him to adopt my son, but for the mean-while can my son use my boyfriend's last name? He is going into kindergarten this August and I don't want him to find out that he is not his real father, because obviously his last name isn't the same as his, so he would end up finding out in school if we can't use my boyfriend's last name... and he also calls himself by that last name too... please help!
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Feb 25, 2008, 02:53 PM
    No, he cannot.

He needs to be legally adopted first. When you register him for kindergarten you will need his birth certificate and his shot record. The school, as a government agency (if he goes to public school) must use his legal name for recording purposes.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Boyfriend's birthday [ 4 Answers ]

What should I do/get my boyfriend for his birthday? I don't want to throw a party, just do something the two of us. He likes music, but the only concerts he would like are way out of my price range. Thanks for your help.

Boyfriend's ex [ 6 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I have been together for awhile, but about a year ago we split up well while we were apart he was with another girl and they slept together a few times well we got back together and then I found out about her and she tells me she is pregnant and she don't want the baby. She wants...

X boyfriend's new girlfriend [ 4 Answers ]

My x boyfriend is now talking to a girl at my school. This girl and I, we used to be friends but no longer are. At school, I will notice her looking at me and talking to her friends. I guess that she didn't know that I used to be with her boyfriend. Y do u think every time she's looking at me ?

Boyfriend's bm won't let him see his baby [ 2 Answers ]

My boyfriend has a daughter about a year and a half old by another women. Around 8 years ago, though, he had sex with someone he thought was over-age and found out after they split up (they had been "dating") that she was underage. After the split up she said that the sex had not been consensual...

Boyfriend's friend [ 8 Answers ]

I'll get right to it... my boyfriend of 14 years is a great guy and we do very well together with all aspects of our relationship. Recently a long time friend of his which happens to be female has come into our lives. I haven't known her personally, until recently. She is very much a lesbian only...

View more questions Search