Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    seismickitten Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 24, 2008, 08:43 PM
    Old, Animated Movie About a Unicorn/Pegasus (not The Last Unicorn)
    All right, so I recall this movie from my childhood. It's old (I'm thinking late seventies to eighties) and begins with a boy and his brothers. They tend the fields. There's a unicorn/pegasus that keeps eating their fields, so the youngest boy hides one night and captures it. In exchange, the unicorn gives him these beautiful horses or something along those lines.

Anyway, the boy heads off to the city. Along the way, he finds a feather in a clearing, or something like that. He takes it against other advice; he's warned that it will cause him bad luck. Regardless, he takes it and motors on.

He ends up working for the king and, in some plot by an evil henchman, is accused of something-rather. I think he may have worked in the stables. Anyway, he's put through all of these phases (I think he's boiled at one point) and emerges healthy.

He may marry a princess. Regardless, the unicorn loves him by the end of the movie.

His name sounds German. Hans, maybe Lars... Something along those lines.

I need to stress that it was a very old movie - scratchy, poor animation, but I'd like to see it again.

Thanks!
    Mittensforfish Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 15, 2008, 09:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by seismickitten
    Alright, so I recall this movie from my childhood. It's old (I'm thinking late seventies to eighties) and begins with a boy and his brothers. They tend the fields. There's a unicorn/pegasus that keeps eating their fields, so the youngest boy hides one night and captures it. In exchange, the unicorn gives him these beautiful horses or something along those lines.

Anyway, the boy heads off to the city. Along the way, he finds a feather in a clearing, or something like that. He takes it against other advice; he's warned that it will cause him bad luck. Regardless, he takes it and motors on.

He ends up working for the king and, in some plot by an evil henchman, is accused of something-rather. I think he may have worked in the stables. Anyway, he's put through all of these phases (I think he's boiled at one point) and emerges healthy.

He may marry a princess. Regardless, the unicorn loves him by the end of the movie.

I need to stress that it was a very old movie - scratchy, poor animation, but I'd like to see it again.

Thanks!
    I think that this movie is called The Magic Pony in the english redub. It was either Hungarian or Russian originally.
    amcasbur Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

May 22, 2008, 08:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by seismickitten
    Alright, so I recall this movie from my childhood. It's old (I'm thinking late seventies to eighties) and begins with a boy and his brothers. They tend the fields. There's a unicorn/pegasus that keeps eating their fields, so the youngest boy hides one night and captures it. In exchange, the unicorn gives him these beautiful horses or something along those lines.

Thanks!
    I believe you might be thinking of The Humpbacked Horse. You can check it out on youtube.com
    calolily Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 5, 2010, 02:36 PM
    Yeah that is called the magic pony my little sister watched it like crazy when she was really little :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Animated Unicorn Movie (Not "Unico" or "Last Unicorn") [ 20 Answers ]

Hello - feeling confident someone might know about this movie given the excellent help identifying "Unico" in a previous post... What is this Movie? Back in the late 80's when I was a kid in Buffalo, I saw one of those TV movies about a little Unicorn who apparently could also grow into a...

Old unicorn cartoon movie [ 15 Answers ]

I'm almost 17 years old. I remember watching a movie when I was somewhere between 3-6 years old about a unicorn and a gargoyle (?). The unicorn starts at a young age and progresses in age, if I remember correctly. It was very sad and lonely. I think maybe its horn broke at some point, but I'm...

Hello I'm new, and no its not the last unicorn! [ 1 Answers ]

Its an old animated movie where its more manga style and I remember a fortress/wall made of puzzle pieces but they were the citizens of the village and an evil queen made the fortress/wall and the little unicorn tells her she really likes her and that's what makes the queen good again, I'm sorry...

Last unicorn? [ 8 Answers ]

Hi I watched a movie around 84-85 about a boy looking for a unicorn.he starts by diving from a cliff in a jungle and he ends up in a magical world.theres a red bull devil creature that cuts the unicorns horns off and the boy battles this creature in the end.and at the very end he dive off the cliff...

Trying to find a unicorn movie. [ 10 Answers ]

Hey. I grew up in the 80's. I remember watching this unicorn movie. No, it's not "The Last Unicorn", I've already researched that. ;) It's about a young (almost baby) unicorn who is searching for something. Whenever danger comes along or he needs strength, he turns in to the magestic, beautiful...

View more questions Search