Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hiscuddlebug Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Feb 23, 2008, 05:33 PM
    Can requirements
    Someone had told me that if you become a CNA in some states you do and don't have to have your GED or your high school diploma. I tried looking online at different sites and I Get various different answers. My best bet would be to call the local center whose doing the training programs and everything else and find out what the requirements are. Before I do that I wanted to know what you guys had to say. Do you have to have your Highschool diploma or GED for that? What did you guys have to do if you went into that field?
    kentstudentrn Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Feb 26, 2008, 08:00 PM
    I have been an STNA (same as CNA) for 7 years, and I was able to take my state exam following high school- I was in a tech prep program during my junior and senior years that gave me the training I needed to take the exam when I graduated. I've never actually run into the question of whether you have to be a high school graduate in order to get your CNA license. However- depending on what type of facility you want to work in (hospital, nursing home, assisted living, home care, etc), they may require that you be a HS grad. BUT, on the other hand... I am from Ohio and a lot of the hospitals or other nursing facilities in my area will hire someone who is not an STNA/CNA and will put them through the training courses to become one. Look into different facilities in your area-- some facilities or even specific units in a hospital may not require that you be state tested. Also find out if they are willing to send you to the training courses.
    Good luck!
    jeepgrl015 Posts: 46, Reputation: 2

Feb 10, 2009, 11:11 AM

THe program I entered into, was at a community college and a high school diploma or GED was one of the requirements.

However, it might differ depending on which state you live in.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

CNA Career [ 4 Answers ]

How Far can I go with a CNA certification

Cna vitamins affect a pregnancy test? [ 2 Answers ]

I was just wondering if vitamins B could afftect the results of a pregnancy test because I've been taking them for a little while and my and my boyfriend have been trying to get pregnant I took a test this morning and got 2 lines in the first response I just want to make sure the vitamins didn't...

CNA Career [ 2 Answers ]

I would like to know what the average hourly salary might be for a CNA in Virginia.

AC requirements [ 2 Answers ]

How do I know what size AC unit I need for my home?

MD Requirements [ 7 Answers ]

Has anyone here gone to med school with a non-science background? I have a BBA, and am wondering if I can do med school. Just want to hear what you guys think. Thx

View more questions Search