Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    camaromoe Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Feb 16, 2008, 12:34 PM
    How far can toilet be from vent
    Hi I am getting ready to finish my downstairs,it was already plumbed for the bathroom under the concrete. The problem is I need to move everything to finish the room the best way. Which means I need to move the toilet about 5' against a cement wall. So was wondering if I just move the pipe in the floor the 5' and leave the vent where it is will it still drain right? Can't move the vent to that wall because of the cement wall. Thanks for any advice moe
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Feb 16, 2008, 01:07 PM
    Hey MOE.

Different states have different codes... SO answer will depend on what code is in place in your area.

In my area, under UPC (uniform plumbing code) rules, a 2 inch toilet vent can be up to 8 feet away from toilet if toilet is 3" pipe, and up to 10 feet away from toilet if toilet is 4 " pipe.

Anyway, to be sure, call your local plumbing inspector.. or one in another town ;) and ask him what codes apply in your state. Could even ask him your question so you know for sure you have done right by codes in your area.

Sorry no absolute for you here... but hopefully this gets you going . Good luck.

If this answer helped please RATE THIS ANSWER by clicking on rate this answer at upper right or at bottom of post.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Toilet Vent [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I live in Atlanta, Georgia and I need to pass my plumbing inspection on a finished basement bathroom. My toilet discharges into my pump which is vented to the outside. My question is: Do I need to have a separate studor vent for the toilet? Thanks for your assistance!

Toilet Vent [ 1 Answers ]

A house requires one 3" main vent. On new construction we usually make this vent the kitchen sink vent6. The rest can be 2". You have a major fixture discharging past two unvented minor ones. Both the shower and the tub will have to be vented individually, the vents will have to be installed Just...

Toilet Vent [ 3 Answers ]

After removing my toilet, I see that it has two openings, a 3" opening in the front (connects to the main drain) and there is a smaller opening in the back for venting. Is it a 90 degree heel elbow used upside down? Should this be corrected?

Toilet Vent [ 5 Answers ]

I am putting in a septic system at my cabin, there is a toilet in the bathroom that will need to be tied to this new septic system. The toilet has a 4" pipe that runs through the crawl space, under the footings and is stubbed outside the cabin. This pipe is a straight pipe with total of about 13'...

View more questions Search