Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    duckwing Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Feb 1, 2008, 09:22 PM
    2002 Cadillac Blower Motor
    The AC/Heater blower motor on our 2002 Cadillac Deville runs intermittantly. When I had it and the control circuit card out on the floorboard (connected electrically), the blower motor had little torque capability but ran normally and responded to the speed control selection. It took very little pressure to prevent the blower from turning. Is this normal? If so, I wonder if the blower is touching something that prevents it from running. It will sometimes come on if I hit a bump or kick the cover below the glove box.
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Feb 1, 2008, 09:31 PM
    Check electrical connections for corrosion and tightness. Electric motors normally have pretty good torque.
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Feb 2, 2008, 07:52 PM
    As a seasoned Cadillac tech, I can tell you with confidence, the blower motor itself is the culprit.
    Replacing it is fairly simple, once the actual design is established; there are two types available that year and they aren't interchangeable.
    Begin by removing the close-out panel on that side and determine if the blower motor housing is metal or is it plastic. Let me know what you find and I can walk you through the steps to replace it yourself. With a few of the correct tools you can save quite a lot of money.
    duckwing Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Feb 8, 2008, 06:03 PM
    Sorry for the delay in responding. We have been out of town. I will check the blower motor housing tomorrow.

Jim

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Blower motor [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Coleman airhandler which is about eleven years old. I had a new Nordyne heatpump installed about a year and a half ago. It worked fine until a month ago, now the blower will only go off when the breaker is turned off. The thermostat has no effect on it, however the a/c cycles fine. Could...

Blower motor [ 2 Answers ]

My blower motor won't stop running . Heat or A/C compresor won't turn on. Tapped on relay still don't shut off. It is a Carrier model#58GS100-2 please help hott in here. Thanks

Blower motor [ 2 Answers ]

How do you install blower motor in a gas furnace?

Blower Motor [ 1 Answers ]

I have read multiple posts about wiring for blower motors and saw one that almost answered my question. I have an old blower motor that I would like to convert to a shop air filter. I know that it is a multi-speed motor. It has 8 wire connections and are labeled as such: Power cap cap ...

2002 ram blower problem [ 2 Answers ]

My 02 ram blower motor stopped working , it would periodically,stop bot would always come back on. I have power at the fuse, and it's good but no power any where else. Any Ideas? Thanks Harley Guy...

View more questions Search