Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ch3rr3ll3 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 1, 2008, 03:47 PM
    If a man sign a birth certificate & he is not the dad will he have 2 pay childsupport
    If he didn't know he wasn't the father?
    Or if he knew he wasn't the father?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 1, 2008, 08:31 PM
    Yes he will, in some states, depending on how long he was on the birth certificate he is just stuck on it and will be the legal father even if not the bio father. In other states, he can challenge it, ask for a DNA test and ask to be removed.

But as long has he is still on the birth certificate he will have to pay child support
    wewed100606 Posts: 228, Reputation: 36

Feb 1, 2008, 08:58 PM
    Get a lawyer, immediately.
    calvinharris75 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Apr 23, 2008, 08:11 PM
    OK the mother told me after 2 days that I would not sign the paper that if I did't sign the paper I or my sick dad could't see tha baby and that would have heart him so in other words I was forced.
    Izannah Posts: 125, Reputation: 18

Apr 23, 2008, 08:47 PM
    Depends on where you live. You could be considered the putative father and be ordered to pay child support. You should get an attorney and demand paternity testing.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I'm a soon to be father but my ex won't let me sign th birth certificate? [ 8 Answers ]

Im 19 and my ex is 16 her parents don't want the baby to have my last name and she don't eather she said if my last name gets put on there then she won't but if not she will I don't know what to do I want to sighn the certificate and it have my last name please someone help me asap pleas.

Can my baby father sign his daugther birth certificate while in jail [ 1 Answers ]

Can a father who is currently in jail still sign his baby birth certificate while in jail:confused:

Birth certificate ? [ 2 Answers ]

How Does A Biological Father Add His Name To A Birth Certificate That He Is Not Already On

Birth Certificate [ 9 Answers ]

Hi, I have a six month old baby and I gave her my ex-boyfriends name even though is not he's child and now the bioligic father want to give her he's last name. What do I do?

Birth Certificate & child support [ 15 Answers ]

Hey. I am currently almost 7 months pregnant. I am due in June. The father and I had been dating for a few months before I got pregnant. When I told him he asked me to get an abortion, and when I told him I couldn't do that he said I was just trying to keep him around! SO I went online and...

View more questions Search