Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Melzie Posts: 5, Reputation: 2

Jan 26, 2008, 03:57 PM
    Joining Weight Watchers?
    I just had a baby on December 26, 2007, and in a few weeks I will be able to start an exercise program and Diet! Yay! I am 184lbs right now and I am only 5'3" so you know I look like crap. I want to get to 130lbs which is what I was before I had my two sons.

Anyway, my questions is has anyone tried Weight Watchers. I have done some research on it and I think that I am going to join. They said slow and steady is the best way to lose weight. Since I am nursing I was told that 1 pound of week was healthy for me in order to keep the baby healthy. With that I should reach my goal by this time next year! That part sux, but I want to keep the weight off!

So, is Weight Watchers worth while?!
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jan 26, 2008, 05:48 PM
    You can try Weight Watchers. You can also try the South Beach Diet also. A friend of mine who had a baby 4 months prior to starting the SBD lost all the unwanted weight in a few months. You do need to watch what you eat and understand that quick weight loss is not always a good thing. Slow is better in any aspect of successful weight loss.

You may also want to wait until you are done nursing to really start a good diet. In the meantime if you have not already ditched the soda (diet or regular) do that for starters. Ditch any junk food as well. Ditch anything with the word "soy" in it. Soybeans are fed to cattle to make them gain weight. Soybean oil also. Try to eat more fresh fruit (not just fruit juice). I found a rebounder (mini trampolene) gives me a great workout. Try to get one with a bar to hold onto this way you can do many more moves safely. After 1/2 hour of rebounder use I'm pooped to put it mildly!
    karen4ellen Posts: 4, Reputation: 2

Jan 26, 2008, 07:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Melzie
    I just had a baby on December 26, 2007, and in a few weeks I will be able to start an exercise program and Diet! Yay! I am 184lbs right now and I am only 5'3" so you know I look like crap. I want to get to 130lbs which is what I was before I had my two sons.

Anyway, my questions is has anyone tried Weight Watchers. I have done some research on it and I think that I am going to join. They said slow and steady is the best way to lose weight. Since I am nursing I was told that 1 pound of week was healthy for me in order to keep the baby healthy. With that I should reach my goal by this time next year! That part sux, but I want to keep the weight off!

So, is Weight Watchers worth while??!?!?!?
    Melzie... WW works! When you are under 30yrs old, 2-5 lbs a weeks is average, over 30, 2-3lbs. It really does work. The key is planning & preparation, drink all your water, cut out salty Lean Cuisines, no or low fat dressing & exersise or walk as much as you can. Also, Dotties Weighlosszone website has restaurants with menus so you can figure your points before you go eat out.
    Becca1025 Posts: 422, Reputation: 45

Feb 1, 2008, 01:51 PM
    I had my baby December 29th '07 and I have started weight watchers. You do NOT have to wait until after you stop nursing, they have a program for nursing mothers. I also started at 130 lbs, then gained a total of 60 lbs during pregnancy. I was on bedrest had high blood pressure and was on medication that gave me a bunch of water weight. I lost 30 lbs in delivery room due to the water weight, but still had 30 to go. I have been doing weight watchers for about two weeks now and I have lost about 3-4 lbs. I also do 40 minutes of advanced pilates in the morning. Weightw atchers and easy and I love it. My aunt is also in weight watchers, and she has lost 130 lbs in 7 months. I strongly recommend weight watchers. Goodluck! ANd congrats on the new baby

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Joining material [ 2 Answers ]

I'm flipping wood paneling on a wall and want to paint it so it looks like a plastered wall. How do I deal with the seams so they don't show?

Joining the FBI [ 2 Answers ]

I have a bachelors degree in Physics, I have been in the army for two years doing counterintelligence and I am curious how difficult would it be to make a transition to joining the FBI. I have a clearance and have had no major criminal problems.

Weight watchers or Jenny Craig? [ 7 Answers ]

I am looking into both weight watchers and Jenny Craig, and I was just wondering if anyone has tried either one or both? And which one is better, and easier to stick with. Thanks guys!

Weight Watchers? [ 2 Answers ]

Hey, I am a seventeen year old female and I am 5'3 and around 170 pounds. I have recently been trying to get into shape and lose some weight. I have been doing okay, I eat well and I exercise often. My mom suggested I try Weight Watchers, because she thinks it is the best way. Of course, my Mom...

View more questions Search