Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

Jan 27, 2008, 04:07 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55
    The news letters were penned under his name. Are you trying to tell me he did not know the content of the publication ? I don't buy it.
    We don't need you to buy it, the rest of us already have.
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Jan 28, 2008, 07:42 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by magprob
    We don't need you to buy it, the rest of us already have.
    Whether he actually penned it or not it was printed in his name... for a long time. It took him plenty of time to express any regret for what was going out in his name.
    wolfcandy2 Posts: 106, Reputation: 3

Jan 28, 2008, 07:44 AM
    Bill anally is so much into the republican party that it clouds his judgement on everything.
    Ultra Member

Jan 28, 2008, 08:27 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfcandy2
    Bill anally is so much into the republican party that it clouds his judgement on everything.
    I honestly wonder if even 10 percent of his critics have ever watched his show or listened to his radio program.

Jan 28, 2008, 08:29 AM
    Bill is so anal retentive I wonder if even he listens to his shows
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Jan 28, 2008, 08:31 AM
    speechlesstx writes : " I honestly wonder if even 10 percent of his critics have ever watched his show or listened to his radio program." I agree; I suppose you could argue that he has weak guests who can't debate as well as he does; but he appears to present a position and give the other side an opportunity to refute. I've never seen Chris Matthews do this without Matthews going ballistic.

Jan 28, 2008, 08:33 AM
    Bill O is the type of guy that if you don't agree with him,he just goes to commercial or cuts off your mic.Its his way or no way
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Jan 28, 2008, 08:34 AM
    Bill O is the type of guy that if you dont agree with him,he just goes to commercial or cuts off your mic.Its his way or no way
    I have never seen this on TV; I've never heard his radio show. He gives the impression he enjoys a lively debate. I believe some folks just are annoyed at someone as cocky as O'Reilly.

Jan 28, 2008, 08:38 AM
    George I have seen it plenty of time with people that don't see things from his point of view,his counterpart on msnbc Keith Olbermann on the other hand is the free thinker always open minded and never pointing out his way of thinking as Bill O does
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jan 28, 2008, 08:51 AM
    Hello wolf:

I don't know how this turned into a Bill O'Reilly thing, but I love jumping on his case.

However, before tom comes along to say this, I will. Keith is a lefty. Nobody disagrees with him on his show because ALL the people he invites on, AGREE with him.

O'Reilly, to his credit, invites adversaries on to debate. Then, of course, O'Reilly's debates go into the toilet because he really is a dufus.

But, he DOES articulate a valuable opinion, however, because there's a bunch of Republicans out there who love and agree with him. Some of 'em are right here. Same thing with Keith. Some of them are here too. I wonder how he'd do in a heated debate, though.

excon

Jan 28, 2008, 08:56 AM
    They won't ever get into a debate even though Keith has asked to do it,Bill O won't do it
    Ultra Member

Jan 28, 2008, 09:03 AM
    Bill O is the type of guy that if you dont agree with him,he just goes to commercial or cuts off your mic.Its his way or no way
    I don't watch very often but I have never seen this at all. Like everyone he does have to cut people off for hard breaks - they ALL do that. But I have seen him usually provide guests for both sides of a debate AND often give the last word to the one he disagrees with. I've seen Al Sharpton on his show numerous times and heard O'Reilly call him "a stand up guy" more than once. He also maintains he is staunchly independent, not Republican. Disagreeing with or disliking the man is fine, but the truth still matters to some of us.

Jan 28, 2008, 09:05 AM
    Guess opinions vary on the subject of Bill O
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jan 28, 2008, 09:08 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by George_1950
    I have never seen this on TV; I've never heard his radio show. He gives the impression he enjoys a lively debate. I believe some folks just are annoyed at someone as cocky as O'Reilly.
    Here you go:
    YouTube - Outfoxed: Fox News technique: cut their mic!
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jan 28, 2008, 09:09 AM
    Hello Steve:

He does lose it now and again. Did you see him with Al Franken?? You should. He tells him to SHADDAP! I'll bet you can u-tube it.

excon

Jan 28, 2008, 09:09 AM
    Ty karma for proving my point

Jan 28, 2008, 09:10 AM
    Bill O thinks that its his way of thinking not anyone else's way,no matter who he has as a guest.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jan 28, 2008, 09:10 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by speechlesstx
    I don't watch very often but I have never seen this at all.
    You can watch a few of these: YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.
    Ultra Member

Jan 28, 2008, 09:13 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon
    O'Reilly, to his credit, invites adversaries on to debate. Then, of course, O'Reilly's debates go into the toilet because he really is a dufus.

But, he DOES articulate a valuable opinion, however, because there's a bunch of Republicans out there who love and agree with him. Some of ‘em are right here. Same thing with Keith. Some of them are here too. I wonder how he'd do in a heated debate, though.
    Actually ex, I'm not sure I could name one Republican here that loves him. He certainly makes me cringe at times but your point is right, it is to his credit that he regularly invites adversaries to debate. Love him or hate him, call him a dufus, I don't care - there's just no need for folks to smear him when they apparently have no clue as to what they're talking about.
    Ultra Member

Jan 28, 2008, 09:23 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon
    Hello Steve:

He does lose it now and again. Did you see him with Al Franken??? You should. He tells him to SHADDAP! I'll bet you can u-tube it.
    No, I really don't watch very often but I have seen him come unhinged and it ain't pretty. I said a minute ago he does make me cringe at times, so does Hannity, so do others including Bush. But I do wonder what it takes for the left to cringe at their own unhinged personalities.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

She lied, but am I taking it too seriously? [ 11 Answers ]

Okay, I've been with this girl for 4 months now. I'm 21 and she's 19, so she's younger than me. One night early on, before we were an official relationship, we were laying in bed after sex and she was laying on me and out of nowhere she asked me how many girls I have had sex with - I didn't...

I've lied. What should I do? [ 7 Answers ]

I cheated at school. My teacher is suspicious and so are my parents. I can't stop myself from denying that fact that I scored my own papers. What should I do?

I lied [ 5 Answers ]

Hey, My nae is Raph and I have a big issue in front of me. Well its not that big but I need help. I have been dating a girl for a month. I lied to her about an occasion ( I told her I was somewhere but I really wasnt) anyhow she found out that I lied and gave me the famouse line " we...

I Lied [ 5 Answers ]

:( I started playing poker on this internet site and just for a laugh I made a fales name and pic, but after a few days of playing I started talking to this guy and before I knew it I was making a new msn address for use to talk you should also no that I am single and 42. Every night ARE chats got...

Elfen lied? [ 1 Answers ]

Were wuld I be able to get a copy of lied without the internet or download it? And are there any channels it comes on? I wuld like 2 no also why they made it so gruesome and evil.

View more questions Search