Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jahubb Posts: 27, Reputation: 1

Jan 18, 2008, 02:38 PM
    Bank reconciliation
    Ok, My question is how do you prepare a bank reconciliation without a book balance?
    EXAMPLE:
    Bank Statement Balance August 31 24,500
    Book Balance (Before Adjustments) ?
    Outstanding Checks 2,700
    NSF Checks 400
    Service Cahrges 200
    Deposits in Transit 800
    Interest Earned on Checking Account 100
    Thanks
    pready Posts: 3,197, Reputation: 207
    Ultra Member

Jan 18, 2008, 05:20 PM
    First take the Bank Balance then Add Deposits in Transit and then Deduct the Outstanding Checks. This is the Adjusted Bank Balance which should equal the Adjusted Company Cash Account.

With the Adjusted Cash Balance you then need to work backward from the Company Cash Side of the Reconciliation. First Deduct the Interest Earned then Add the NSF Check and the Bank Service Charge. That leaves you with the Unadjusted Company Cash amount.
    jahubb Posts: 27, Reputation: 1

Jan 18, 2008, 07:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jahubb
    Ok, My question is how do you prepare a bank reconciliation without a book balance?
    EXAMPLE:
    Bank Statement Balance August 31 24,500
    Book Balance (Before Adjustments) ?
    Outstanding Checks 2,700
    NSF Checks 400
    Service Cahrges 200
    Deposits in Transit 800
    Interest Earned on Checking Account 100
    Thanks
    Thanks, I finally figured it out. I checked it with how you said to do it, Thank's for your help.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bank reconciliation [ 2 Answers ]

If a check for $2,420.00 was returned with the statement was recorded as $2,024.00, under which heading do I make changes. I know I need to make it for $360.00 but do I do under balance per bank, or balance per books?

Bank reconciliation [ 1 Answers ]

Journal entries based on the bank reconciliation are required in the depositor's accounts for a. book errors b. outstanding checks c. bank errors d. deposits in transit Am I wrong or right?

Bank reconciliation [ 1 Answers ]

The following information pertains to the bank transactions of Crawford Company: a.Cash on the books as of September 30 was $499. Cash as shown on the bank statement for the same date was $1,330. b.A deposit of $160, representing cash receipts of September 30, did not appear on the bank...

Bank Reconciliation [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am trying to reconcile this company's bank account for homework and I have become very confused. The reconciled balance should be 34,308 and the Credit Notes Rec. should be 9000. I cannot get this and I've started over three times. Maybe someone could help? 1. After all posting is...

View more questions Search