Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jahubb Posts: 27, Reputation: 1

Jan 16, 2008, 12:42 AM
    Balance in Unearned Revenue
    The journal entry to adjust the balance in unearned revenue is?
    My unearned revenue is $5700
    Salaries owed but not paid at December 31 was $2000 How do I adjust unearned revenue?
    a. $2000 debit, Unearned Revenue; $2000 credit, revenue
    b. $2000 debit, revenue; $2000 credit unearned revenue
    c. $3700 debit, unearned revenue; $3700 credit unearned revenue
    d. $3700 debit, revenue; $3700 credit, unearned revenue equipment.
    My answer is c. can you tell me if its correct.

Check out some similar questions!

Unearned Service Revenue STill Unearned. [ 5 Answers ]

If the Trial balance says Unearned Service Revenue Cr. 12,560 The adjusting entry says Unearned Service Revenue still unearned, $800, how do I enter this?

Unearned rent revenue falls under balance sheet or income statement [ 1 Answers ]

Unearned rent revenue falls under balance sheet or income statement If it is under balance sheet, is it under current liabilities section

Unearned Revenue [ 3 Answers ]

This entry applies to a company for the month of December, ended 12/31/ 2005. On January 2005, the company was paid $3,840 in advance to provide monthly service for one year. The company began providing the services on May 1, 2005. How do record the entry as for the month of December? ...

Unearned revenue and hand money held in escrow [ 1 Answers ]

I am doing a accounting software class and needed to set up my own accounts and not use the ones given in peachtree. I have a list of transactions and one of them is a retainer received for 500 and the work is expected to be completed within the month(and then it is) do I need to set up an...

Unearned Revenue Still Unearned [ 1 Answers ]

I have to make an adjusting entry for this: Unearned Service Revenue still Unearned, $800 There is a previous credit balance of 5,300. At first I thought there was no entry, but then when I started to do the income statement the answer I'm suppose to have is not correct with the answer I...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.