Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Proudmomma143 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 15, 2008, 02:07 PM
    Trouble conceiving
    Hello everyone,

I am 25 years old and a proud mother of a beautiful little girl who just turned 8. Yes I had her young, but she is not my problem. About 2 years ago I finally found someone who I love more than anything and have choose to spend my life with. He loves and accepts my daughter, but has always wanted children of his own. We have been trying for close to 7 months and no luck. I have always dreamed of a big family, but now I am fearing that I can't have that. All the intercourse has done nothing other than effect my menstrual cycle horribly and provided let down after let down with negative after negative pregnancy test. Any advice on conceiving? The first one was so easy and now I feel hopeless..

lulu2912 Posts: 83, Reputation: 4

Jan 15, 2008, 02:22 PM
    I have been in a similar situation. I just turned 25 and my son will be 6 in May. His father and I have been married for a little over 5 years. January 2007 after he was finished with college we started trying for a baby. After many months of trying and many let downs I decided to see my Dr. I told her how long we had been trying and that my period was pretty much non existent! She ran some test and determined that I had very low progesterone. She put me on Prometrium which pretty much is progesterone and it forces you to have a period. We did this every month hoping to get pregnant or at least start my period so we would know that it was working, but we got nothing. So finally after 8 months of trying my Dr. put me on Clomid 50 mg. So I took the Prometruim and started my period then on days 5-9 of my period I took the Clomid. I used an ovulation predictor kit for days 11-17. It predicts your two most fertile days. My husband and I had intercourse on the first day I was fertile, skipped one day and then had intercourse the next day. (They say to put one day in between to let the sperm build up). And to my surprise it WORKED!! I am now 18 weeks pregnant and everything is going great! So, my advise is to go to your dr and have them do some blood test to check your hormones /thyroid to make sure everything is okay and see what he/she suggests. Sorry this answer was so long, but I just wanted you to know that there is hope!!
    macksmom Posts: 1,787, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Jan 15, 2008, 04:44 PM
    I to, am 25 and my daughter just turned 6. She was a breeze to conceive... got pregnant while on birth control pills! Haha! But now that my husband and I have been trying, things haven't been so easy. We have been trying for about 14months with no luck. First we just tried it naturally. But I don't have a period (I didn't have on when I got pregnant with my daughter either, so I didn't think this was going to be a problem). But I visited my OBGYN and told her we were trying to conceive. She too, put me on Prometrium to induce my periods. So we tried that for awhile, using ovulation tests and tracking my BBT. By tracking my BBT, I found out I wasn't ovulating every month. So we were having a lot of trouble getting pregnant. So she started me on Clomid in November. The 50mg dose didn't make me ovulate (shown by bloodwork). In December she increased my dose to 100mg... I missed my bloodwork appt... but ended up not pregnant. We aren't sure if I ovulated or not, so this month I am staying on the 100mg dose. So this is round 3 of Prometrium and Clomid... hopefully this one works :)

Just wanted to let you know, you aren't alone :)

I would suggest setting an appt with your OBGYN and let them know you are trying to get pregnant. They should do a pre-pregnancy workup that includes bloodwork to make sure all your hormones are at the right levels to achieve pregnancy. Also, start on a prenatal vitamin to ready your body.

Good luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Conceiving a boy [ 5 Answers ]

My husband and I have two beautiful girls, ages 2 and 3. We are soon going to try for a third child and want to have a boy. Do you know of any tips on how to conceive a boy?:)

Conceiving again after miscarriage [ 3 Answers ]

It's been six months since I had a miscarriage at 11 weeks. I had a DNC done afterwards. We've been trying to conceive again and my cycles have been irregular ever since. Before I was always regular .Now I am having a period each month and have bought the ovulation predictor tests the passed month...

Period and conceiving [ 7 Answers ]

Please help! I have had my period for over 2 weeks, HEAVY. Im sexually frustrated and now I just want it to stop already. Im 21 female, I'm sexually active, I let my boyfriend ejaculate almost every time inside of me, we are trying to concevie. What can I do? When is your period to long? What is...

Conceiving Problems [ 2 Answers ]

Iam A 21 Year Old Wife And Mother To 3.5 Year Old Twins And A 2 Yeard Old As Well. Now My Husband And I Have Been Trying For Another One Since Christmas And Nothing Is Working. Its Depressing And Very Upsetting And Stressful. My Other Pregnancies Were Not Planned But It Happened Very Fast. This...

Conceiving [ 1 Answers ]

My cousin told me that she heard that if the woman orgasms during intercourse (and so does the man), it makes it easier to get pregnant. Is there any truth to this?

View more questions Search