Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Silverondo Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jan 8, 2008, 07:47 AM
    No power to new bottom element. Continuity good
    I just replaced the bottom element and thermostat on my 40 gal heater. As far as I know I did everything right.. hot (red) wire to the thermostat then to the element, black to the other side of the element, just as it was when I started. Refilled the tank and turned power back on. I have power to the top element but not to the bottom one. This was reading from one side of the element to the other. With power off I checked wiring between top and bottom elements for continuity and it's good. I have the new thermostat set on 140, same as the top one. This is making me crazy! What am I missing? HELP! My Mrs says if this doesn't get resolved *soon* she's going to have a new heater installed! :eek:

Check out some similar questions!

Car won't start, no click and no power to radio, power window or locks [ 6 Answers ]

After installing a new starter on a 1999 2WD Explorer it will not start. There is no click when trying to start it, its just dead, and the radio, power locks/windows, a/c, and dash light don't work but the interior lights work and so do the headlights. We've had the starter checked to make sure...

Difference between a Power Distribution Unit (PDU) and a Remote Power Panel (RPP) [ 1 Answers ]

Is there any difference between a Power Distribution Unit (PDU) and a Remote Power Panel (RPP) in context of data center? If yes, then what is it?. Thanks.

Continuity of pressure switch [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to determine if my pressure switch is bad. (Carrier Weathermaker 8000) On a good switch, should the continuity between the posts test open or closed? THanks.

Limits continuity and differenciability question [ 3 Answers ]

Q1.. Let f(x) =, where x belongs to (0,Pi), a belongs to (I),b is a prime number and denotes greatest integer function. Find the number of points at which f(x) is not differenciable?

Continuity tester that applies load [ 3 Answers ]

As we know, you can do a continuity test on automotive wiring that shows good, but due to a high resistance connection, it won't carry a load. Some months ago on one of the car shows on Speed Channel, they touted a neat tool (about $100) that can put a load on the wiring circuit to locate the...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.