Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    raggablue Posts: 347, Reputation: 22

Jan 6, 2008, 10:30 PM
    When to start having sex
    There been a lot of discussion about underage sex, about being mature enough to handle it and when people should or shouldn't start.
    Sex is popularised in the music, TV and film industries and the idea of sex is open to all age groups nowadays, so what's your opinion?

Jan 6, 2008, 10:36 PM
    I think if you educated completely and you comfortable talking about it with you parents, partner, tutor, doctor and you understand the dangers and responsibility that goes with becoming sexually active then you are at a safe stage to start
    brown_eyes_3546 Posts: 103, Reputation: 5

Jan 6, 2008, 11:15 PM
    It is neve safe to start. When your married you can't even say it is safe because people cheat. If you are emotionally ready and can take the necessary precautions I don't see a problem with it. I was 14 when I lost my virginity. Don't regret it at all. I loved the guy and felt I was ready. I got birth control before hand and we always used protection.of course my parents weren't happy when I told them but it is my body and that is how I feel for anyone. I am pregnant now and I am going to raise my child wit the father and I haven't needed anyone's help this faar and won't ask for it unless my baby is going with out. Yes I have medicaid but my boyfriend loses $600 every two weeks to taxes so we have vary well paid in enough to deserve it.

Jan 6, 2008, 11:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by brown_eyes_3546
    it is neve safe to start. when your married you can't even say it is safe because people cheat. if you are emotionally ready and can take the necessary precautions i dont see a problem with it. i was 14 when i lost my virginity. dont regret it at all. i loved the guy and felt i was ready. i got birth control before hand and we always used protection.of course my parents werent happy when i told them but it is my body and that is how i feel for anyone. i am pregant now and i am going to raise my child wit the father and i havnt needed anyones help this faar and wont ask for it unless my baby is going with out. yes i have medicaid but my bf loses $600 every two weeks to taxes so we have vary well paid in enough to deserve it.
    Don't start if you don't want to get hurt, no one is safe from being cheated on. Don't regret it at all? I'm guessin you know what its like to be cheated on? People say they love each other then one slip and it all goes spiraling downhill, why would anyone do that to another person especially if they love them, ESPECIALLY if they know how much it hurts?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 6, 2008, 11:51 PM
    I grew up in the Stone Age and lost my virginity at 21 on my wedding night. Sex is a big responsibility, especially nowadays. STDs and pregnancy are two biggies that come because of irresponsible sex. And I don't care how much they deny it, women get emotionally involved or affected even if it's a one-night stand--even if it's a rape! A woman taking off her clothes and being totally vulnerable and opening up her body to a male (or another female) leaves her wide-open emotionally. Being forced to do that makes it even more emotionally affecting.

I'm really upset about what the media has done to sex. Sex is supposed to be a very special and precious thing between two people who care about each other. It's not to be a recreational thing that's done with whomever whenever, making it something very common and ordinary.

I think it's high time there should be lengthy courses required and certificates awarded and even licenses paid for before someone has sex! And the media should promote that. (How's that for wishful thinking... )

Jan 7, 2008, 12:03 AM
    I'm not sure about licenses but chastity belts and a court appeal to be granted the key might be more reasonable. I was lucky, I lost my virginity to a girl who turned out to be the most prescious and special person to me but even ten I was "wide open emotionally" (and physically!) there no telling what one person will do to another emotionally (and physically!) so there a lot of trust involved, I wouldn't give it up for the word now, which completely contradicts what I'm trying to say, but if my experience had turned out like soooooo many others I would be even more vunerable

p,s are you the peanut-butter-jelly loving librarian?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 7, 2008, 12:15 AM
    Regga -- yes, the one and the same.

Jan 7, 2008, 12:24 AM
    I say I have no regrets because he did cheat on me and then he hit me. I don't put up with that because no woman should! And after I left that guy I was talking to another guy who ended up raping me because I didn't want to sleep with him so yea I could very easily regret my decision but I don't. I was in love and have dealt with the consequences of it all.

And if only we didn't have a constitution maybe those things would be feasible! I wish they were for my nerves sake when my baby gets to that age!

Yes even one night stands leave women vulnerable because we think about it later and possibly regret it.

Jan 7, 2008, 12:48 AM
    You are one tough woman.

Jan 7, 2008, 12:59 AM
    I just got called a little girl in the post about the pregnant 15yo! I don't have anough life experience to inform someone about the responsibilities of having a baby although I have one on the way myself.

Some people on here are so close minded that they wouldn't know what to do if there kid came to them at 15 and said I want to have sex! It drives me crazy because I have been trhough a lot of stuff and feel that I have coped well but older people love to say I'm a child and don't have enough experience.

Anyway I'm not that tough I have just dealt with what life has thrown at me! I don't ever have an answer to "are you OK?" except if I'm not OK I would be dead and as far as I know I'm still living!

Sorry about the second paragraph I'm just really ticked off!

Jan 7, 2008, 01:11 AM
    No me and him agree for the moost part he doesn't call me stupid or immature either when we disagree. I read yalls dispute earlier that was nasty. This is someone I have never seen before and I accidentally gave them two negs I usually try to only agree or disagree once per person in a post but I forgot I had already done it. But it is arrogant and patronising. She tried to out do me and she can't because my mom had it super rough and is super independent. More than anyone else I've met.

Jan 7, 2008, 01:12 AM
    Are the "some people" arrogant-patronising-possibley-work-in-walmart-or-somethings? And you don't have to apologise for expressing your oppinions or be put down by some jerk who thinks they're god

Jan 7, 2008, 01:14 AM
    Yea it is but you probably want to get the names off it cause you can get reported or something for it. I don't know how it works but it is in the rules.

Jan 7, 2008, 01:17 AM
    We seem to have detracted from the question here and used it as a safe escape from those nutters out there, we should prob put little bits of relevance in amongst our real conv... ithink 15 is fine to start shaggin... then we might not get the tread pulled

Jan 7, 2008, 01:22 AM
    Yea I had one pulled and it was an honest ? But the words were to vulger for the adult sexuallity part I think I don't know and don't care. I asked my dr and she gave me an answer. Lol like I said I started early but don't regret it I think it is different for everyone depending on how mature they are. Lets face it some kids have been through more at 12 than many 40 yo's its just the way life is. People have to role with the puches or how ever it goes. I've got to get off here though ill be back later. I need some peaches and cheez wiz... I kknow sounds gross but I'm pregnant and baby wants it!

Jan 7, 2008, 01:27 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by brown_eyes_3546
    yea i had one pulled and it was an honest ? but the words were to vulger for the adult sexuallity part i think i dunno and dont care. i asked my dr and she gave me an answer. lol like i said i started early but dont regret it i think it is different for everyone depending on how mature they are. lets face it some kids have been through more at 12 than many 40 yo's its just the way life is. people have to role with the puches or how ever it goes. ive got to get off here tho ill be back later. i need some peaches and cheez wiz... i kknow sounds gross but im pregant and baby wants it!
    Too true unfortunately, life just isn't fair... peaches and cheese huh... fresh or tinned?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 7, 2008, 01:28 AM
    Probably tinned.

Good night, ragga! (It's 2:30 a.m. here.) See you soon, I hope!

Jan 7, 2008, 01:37 AM
    Oops, hope you don't have to be anywhere in the morning... are libraries open on Monday mornings?

Jan 7, 2008, 01:38 AM
    What is tinned? They are precut in a glass jar with peach juice! Yummy now it is just whipped cream I ran out of peaches.

Jan 7, 2008, 01:41 AM
    I don't get the pb&j loving librarian? It seems like more people would have joined this thread by now. Everyone seems to have such an opinion on how wrong it is to be a pregnant teen but no one wants to share there veiw on when it is appropriate to start having sex.hmmm

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Having a hard time being around other people [ 1 Answers ]

I have never been a very outgoing person, but I find as the days go by I am finding it harder and harder to be around other people. I rarely talk to other people and almost never go and hang out with others, I have been spending more time in my head than around real people. How can I inprove the...

I'm having trouble deciding! [ 2 Answers ]

C there is this guy I think is cute but I don't have a crush on him... so should I ask hm out any way:confused:

Having trouble having a baby [ 6 Answers ]

Hello I have been trying to have a baby since march and still no luck what could be some of the reasons that I'm having a hard time cauuse everyone in my family had kids as many as 13 what is my problem

Installing mac osx version 10.4 tiger and having problems [ 4 Answers ]

Need help can't seem to install this on my apple laptop:

I'm having modem problems [ 5 Answers ]

My friend recently got a Rockwell HCF 56K Speakerphone PCI Modem and when he uses AOL it won't detect the modem he has service to AOL but the modem its self came out of his other computer a compaq with windows 98 on it and put it into the new computer with windows 2000 on it I tried to find and see...

View more questions Search