Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pacificradar Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jan 4, 2008, 07:59 PM
    Who can tell me how to pour a shower pan on wood subfloor
    I completely remodeled my home and all that is left is to complete a master bedroom bath, which has a jacuzzi tub with a 36" by 36" shower next to it which will be tiled, floor and all. I have done many bathroom tile jobs, but have never done a shower stall floor. I haven't found much help or info on the subject. The room is new construction, with just studs and subfloor. Any help?
    HFBOWLES Posts: 4, Reputation: 2

Jan 6, 2008, 10:49 AM
    I'm a contractor I highly recommend you hire a tile man
    Should cost around 900 plus tile
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jan 7, 2008, 02:20 PM
    Since you are looking for DIY info I imagine hiring a contractor is not what you want. You could consider a fiberglass floor pan made by Swanstone, Mustee or lasco, they run about $200 r you could try to mud your own floor with a membrane. Shower Floor Pans
    How to Build a Shower Pan The first one is just a style of pre-made plans while the second should help you understand how to build your own. Building your own on site is not the easiest of first time DIY projects.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jan 7, 2008, 02:20 PM
    Since you are looking for DIY info I imagine hiring a contractor is not what you want. You could consider a fiberglass floor pan made by Swanstone, Mustee or lasco, they run about $200 or you could try to mud your own floor with a membrane. Shower Floor Pans
    How to Build a Shower Pan The first one is just a style of pre-made plans while the second should help you understand how to build your own. Building your own on site is not the easiest of first time DIY projects.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I Pour Concrete Over Plywood Subfloor [ 2 Answers ]

I would like to put a concrete floor in my living room its on the first floor with only a small crawl space under it. It has a plywood subfloor that I would like to cover with a thin but durable layer of concrete that I can stamp and color.

Concrete Pour [ 2 Answers ]

My mother in law is building a new house and when they poured the foundation they did not have enough concrete to finish so they are coming back in a few days. My concern is first, is this right or should they have pour all in one day and second what guide lines are there in pouring a slab over...

Soggy subfloor and discolored linoleum near shower [ 1 Answers ]

I have a fiberglass bottom shower with marble sheets for walls and a glass sliding doors. I have noticed the linoleum is disclored and soggy underneath but only in the corners near the front of the shower were you step in. I have recaulked the whole shower with a good silicone and also in the...

Subfloor over concrete under shower base? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I am wondering if it is a good idea to put a subflloor over the basement concrete under the shower base or if I should just use mortar or even PL200 glue.

View more questions Search