Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    anispicer Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 4, 2008, 12:30 PM
    Drug Abuse
    My husband and I have been separated since August 27th of 2007. I left due to his emotional abuse and drinking. I have tried to keep the waters calm and work with him on issues pertaining to our daughter. I have never denied him access to her or information concerning her. His behavior at my refusal to return home is becoming increasingly more erratic. I know that he is drinking a lot! And with his past history I also KNOW that he is using drugs. I have a date in court to start custody proceedings... My question is how do I go about requesting drug testing? Is there a wording or something I can do that would suggest urgency? He kidnapped her Christmas day, took her, no notice no conversation, I never thought he would... He brought her back the following Saturday. I need help before he takes her and doesn't bring her back...
    dogpoundbrenda Posts: 78, Reputation: 12

Jan 4, 2008, 12:36 PM
    Has he ever been arrested for drugs or alcohol use? Is so maybe you could get a lawyer to get a copy of the arrest record and talk to social services or your family court judge... good luck..
    peggyhill Posts: 907, Reputation: 150

Jan 4, 2008, 01:02 PM
    Call a lawyer who specializes in this kind of stuff and ask for a free consultation. He/she can probably help you figure out where to go from there. It's really good that you are doing something about this to protect your daughter! Good for you. Hopefully he will get help for his addictions, but you can't make someone change unless they're willing to, as I'm sure you know from being married to this guy. Good luck and hope all works out!
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Jan 7, 2008, 09:01 AM
    No judge will condone your husband's behavior. You wrote: "I have a date in court to start custody proceedings..." Do you have a lawyer? A competent lawyer knows what to do in this situation.
    brown_eyes_3546 Posts: 103, Reputation: 5

Jan 7, 2008, 09:48 AM
    deffinantly get a lwayer and try not to let it drag out for your daughters sake. If he has a record of drug use they may require random tests to ensure the protection of your daughter if you have a lawyer make the demands with proof.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Abuse or not? [ 3 Answers ]

Ok, so I am 16... About 2 summers ago I had a boyfriend who was 21 yes I was 14 blah blah I know stupid he just wanted to have sex with me anyway and I did not so we broke up whatever... but this is kind of hard to talk about.. so this guy I was seeing his brother was a little older me and by...

Do I like abuse? [ 7 Answers ]

I was in a 6 year relationship with a man who physically and mentally abused me. He beat me 4 out of the 6 years as well as calling me names and making me cry every chance he got. Now we have finally been apart 5 months and he is actually letting it go which I never thought he would. But I'm...

Drug abuse today [ 2 Answers ]

I have a delivery speech in my english 3 subject and I am a radio reporter and my speech my topic is "What can i say about the drug addiction today?"please... give me some idea about drugs addiction today...

Abuse [ 17 Answers ]

Hi I am 18 and I am being abused. It really hurts inside and out. To all men out there you need to know you are destroying a beautiful person, distorting her reflection, sufficating her joy for life and no matter what you think your wrong.

Abuse? [ 10 Answers ]

I don't know where to start... I am wondering when behavior becomes abusive. My husband and I have been together for 13 years and I don't know if I am in an abusive relationship. I'm not even sure I want to know. We met in highshcool and shortly after I became pregnant, 3 months to be...

View more questions Search