Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    theskyisblueXD Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 21, 2007, 08:00 AM
    Should I get my tongue pierced
    I'm 15 and I want my tongue pierced on my 16th birthday which is in two weeks
    Will it hurt if I have it done?
    My pain threshold is quite good
    peggyhill Posts: 907, Reputation: 150

Dec 21, 2007, 01:32 PM
    Did your parents say it was OK? If so, ask your folks to find a good SAFE place to get it pierced. Never let someone do it who isn't a professional. Yes, it hurts. You'll talk a little funny for a few days probably. It'll hurt to eat and brush your teeth. The most important thing is making sure it doesn't get infected. Make sure you ask the person who pierces it to explain how to take care of it and keep it clean. Good luck!
    macksmom Posts: 1,787, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Dec 21, 2007, 02:18 PM
    Of course it will hurt... it's a huge needle going through your tongue... it's doesn't really feel great.

I have had mine done 3 separate times. Once when I was 17, by a place that didn't ask for an id... thank god I didn't get an infection!! Then I had a second barbell added about a year later. I ended up taking both of them out a few years later. Then I just got it redone about 2 years ago... seems like I just can't make up my mind! Haha

But number one... you won't be able to get it pierced without your parents consent.

And really (unless the laws have changed), your tongue was one piercing you couldn't get done even WITH your parents consent. You had to be 18 to get it done.
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Dec 21, 2007, 08:15 PM
    I must repeat everyone else: If you do not have the consent of your parents, you won't get it done in the first place.

Now if you do have their consent, well it is totally up to you whether to get it done. We can't answer that for you, but we can give you some information that may help you with your decision.

Whether it hurts or not is all up to your tolerance for pain. If you feel you have a high tolerance, it may not hurt you as much as it hurts others, but let me warn you that even if the piercing itself does not bother you, the aftermath probably will. Your tongue will swell and be very tender. You will not be able to eat regular food for about 24-48 hours, and then you can slowly introduce regular food onto your tongue. If you feel you can handle that, then go for it!

Just make sure you take care of it properly so it does not give you any trouble. Piercings require responsibility, and if you do not feel you can be responsible with your aftercare, then I don't suggest you get it done. You need to wash your mouth out with alcohol free mouthwash 2-3 times per day, and brush the piercing with a soft bristled toothbrush after each meal. If you feel you can keep up with your aftercare, then once again, go for it!

Make sure you take the time and really think about these things. Poor care leads to problems, and I have seen many piercing problems due to poor care. Good luck! :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to convince my mom to let me to get my tongue pierced. [ 3 Answers ]

Ok, my mom said that I can get my tongue pierced when I turn 16. But I want to get it done for my 14 birthday in four months. I have spent hours On the internet researching about pros and cons, possible outcomes, what do look for in a shop and piercer, and aftercare. I also have read MILLIONS of...

Wer can I get my tongue pierced at 14 [ 6 Answers ]

Eloo I want ma tongue dun but I dno wer you can get it dun in london at the age of 14 because everywer I go you got to be 18:mad: n ma dad don't really want me getting it dun but how can I persuade him to let me get it dun because I don't want to get it dun behind his bak xxx

Just got my tongue peirced [ 3 Answers ]

Okayy so I just got my tongue peirced. I didn't really hurt, its just that its really really annoying to talk. Plus I haven't eaten in two days. When is my tongue going to stop swelling? Also around the bottom ball, there's a little white goey stuff that I just take off with a q tip. Does that...

Burned Tongue [ 1 Answers ]

I burned my tongue with Listerine, and I can't taste certain foods, and the inside of my mouth has a metallic taste, what can be done about this?

View more questions Search