Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mtnest3 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 11, 2007, 07:07 PM
    Broan bathroom fan light does not light
    I have a one year old Broan bathroom fan/light in which the light does not work. Replaced the light with a new bulb but still does not work. The fan works fine by switch but the light switch produces no result. What are most likely causes?
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Dec 12, 2007, 03:56 AM
    Can be a bad switch, or a connection at the light, or even the bottom contact of the lamp socket is pushed down too much.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bathroom light switch [ 2 Answers ]

I recently moved into a house that is 6 years old. Yesterday, I went to turn on the bathroom light and it would not turn on, but the switch that turns on the fan in the bathroom still works. This two switches are on the same electric plate (I don't know if I am calling it by the right name). They...

Broan Energy Star Fan Fluorescent Light and night Lite - GFI Trips [ 1 Answers ]

Replaced and existing bathroom fanlight with a new fan/fluorescent light unit. Existing circuit is on GFI breaker. Two switches provide power to unit. Shared neutral from switches to unit. After installing unit fan was fine. Light tripped GFI. Connected circuit to breaker and fan and light were...

Bathroom light and outlet. [ 10 Answers ]

Recently purchased a new house. 2 bedroom ranch approx 900sqft. The house was constructed in 1955. The panel was replaced by the previous owner. (By a professional electrician) I was a professional Lowvoltage (DataComm) installer for quite some time, so I have experience fishing wires. ...

Replacing a bathroom vanity light [ 2 Answers ]

I am replacing a bathroom vanity light and would like the replacement to also have an electrical outlet since there is none in this 1960ish bathroom. Do they make these anymore? If not, in what other way could I get both a light and an electrical outlet in the bathroom? Thanks

Bathroom fan/light: light works, fan doesn't [ 3 Answers ]

I'm back with more "finishing basement" questions. This weekend, I wired my bathroom. This is 20 amp service with 12 ga wire. For the bath fan/light, the power source came into the switch box (1 box, 2 switches) on a 12/2 wire. From there, power goes up to the light/fan on a 12/3 wire. Red goes...

View more questions Search