Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    leti1980 Posts: 150, Reputation: 6

Dec 6, 2007, 10:19 AM
    Playing games
    This may seem a silly question but does anybody have any idea's what games I can play with my 10mnts old.
    I read to her, sing and dance with her play with her toys with her, take her to groups and see friends.
    I just feel I do the same old things and was wondering of any idea's that she will like.
    She is to young to paint and draw.
    I only work 1 day a week so I am with her all the time really.

Sorry if this sounds stupid just want some new ideas
    Many thanks
    Leti.:)
    Gernald Posts: 901, Reputation: 93
    Expert

Dec 6, 2007, 10:28 AM
    They've got a bunch of milton bradley board games that are made for young kids.
    She's still young though so she might not understand, playschool has some games too that you could look at.
    Perhaps you could try asking one of the mothers at the groups you go to, I'll be they've got tons of ideas of what to do.
    I don't know if she walks yet or not but maybe hide and go seek, or something like that. It's hard to really play with a child so young, they're still learning the basics, how to talk, walk, etc.

Hope you find some new games!
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 6, 2007, 10:47 AM
    Take her to your local public library and visit the children's department. Talk with a librarian who will show you all sorts of books that contain hints and helps for entertaining and educating babies and young children.

As a former teacher and mother of two, I strongly encourage you to talk to her and respond to her vocalizations. Read/tell/sing now and through her childhood nursery rhymes, songs, poetry, hymns, Aesop's fables, classic short stories. Do things with her that affect her senses -- touch, smell, hearing, tasting, seeing.

You don't need to worry about educating her as much as exposing her to all sorts of stimuli -- unfamiliar foods, bright colors, happy sounds, etc. And don't forget socialization--go places, meet people, interact with adults and children, have lots of new experiences at malls, grocery stores, church, state parks, and just driving around.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Guy I like Playing Games [ 3 Answers ]

I need some advice: I met this amazing guy but unfortunantly he lives halfway across the country. We planned an amazing weekend together had a blast and when I got home we talked every single day and planned our next trip to see each other... he told me he never felt about anyone else like he did...

Is this guy playing games w/ me? [ 5 Answers ]

all right me and this guy met on a family trip. Exchanged numbers and started talking. In the beginning he told me he didn't want a relationship. I did. He told me he wanted to be "friends w/ benefits." I agreed. The idea didn't seem too harmful, hooking up w/ a hot guy no strings attached? We only...

The games he's playing [ 3 Answers ]

Dear experts, Okay, here's the skeeze... this guy that I have been friends with for five or six years is everything I thought I needed in every other man I'd dated. He's smart, career driven, athletic, and above all, he's very nice, honest, and very sweet. And he's also got the face of an...

Playing games or not [ 1 Answers ]

How do I know if my ex is playing games with my head

Playing 95 games on xp [ 2 Answers ]

I have been trying to play a game for windows 95 on windows xp . I have been doing what help has told me with no success... insert disc,close window,start,my computer,click game icon,cd rom right click auto run ,select properties,select compatibility tab for 95 After all this i get a message...

View more questions Search