Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    xxhopingtearsxx Posts: 45, Reputation: -1

Dec 4, 2007, 03:47 PM
    Takes 2 hours to straighten my hair. Late to school
    Every school day, I have to straighten my hair and put so much hairspray my hair is stiff as a block (I'm serious about this its stiff.. except the block thing. Or else my skull would be broken). It takes me two hours to straighten my hair and I keep getting late to school. Actually, it takes me one hour and forty five minutes. I wake up at 6 AM and start straightening my hair around 6:12 AM because it takes me a while to get up. I have to leave the house at 7:30 AM but I end up leaving around 7:45 or 7:50 AM and getting late. I'm a male by the way. People say I look hot with my hair straightened (girls) and guys like it too. When I don't straighten my hair, it's wavy and very very very puffy.

I use Sunsilk Straighten-up shampoo and conditioner and the cream in case you need to know.

I cover my right eye with my bangs in case you need to know. I used to cover my left eye..

What do I do? My right side is always hard to straighten for some reason BTW.. I have to find the right way to hold the straightener since I don't know why but it's easier to straighten my left side. It used to be my left side that bothers me but now it's my right side. Sometimes one layer when I straighten it, it puffs out.
    mjl Posts: 486, Reputation: 26

Dec 4, 2007, 04:00 PM
    What is it that you are trying to ask/need help with?

Dec 4, 2007, 04:02 PM
    How can I straighten my hair faster?
    karrybabe Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 4, 2007, 04:10 PM
    You could shave it off!
    If you feel the need to straighten it everyday, you should look at getting the permanent chemical straightening - I don't know if that's what it is actually called.

Dec 4, 2007, 04:13 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by karrybabe
    You could shave it off!!
    Um, that's not what I would like to do. I like my hair straightened.. I like my hair being different from other guys.. while other guys get up and go to school without even noticing the existence of their hair.

Btw, isn't permanent straightening quite expensive? I've heard it is.

Dec 4, 2007, 04:21 PM
    If you don't want to straighten your hair everday then get a different hair style. There isn't much of any other choice.
    albear Posts: 1,594, Reputation: 222
    Ultra Member

Dec 4, 2007, 04:24 PM
    Get up earlier if it means that much to you

Dec 4, 2007, 04:29 PM
    ... I'm not reading any more answers since none of you are any much help.
    karrybabe Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 4, 2007, 04:30 PM
    You need to get a cut/style that suits your hair type if you want easy maintenance. Obviously your style is high maintenance, so you have to accept that it takes you two hours, or spend the money on permanent straightening.
    If you didn't use so much product then you might be able to get away with not having to wet or wash your hair everyday. I straighten mine and it stays good for three days.
    Are you using decent straightening irons? Some of them don't keep the hair as straight and take longer to straighten.

Dec 4, 2007, 04:31 PM
    We are just giving you the truth... If you don't want to deal with straightening you hair then choose a different hair style.
    Ultra Member

Dec 4, 2007, 04:31 PM
    Go to bed earlier, and get up earlier so you have more time... simple depending on how much dedication you have
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Dec 4, 2007, 04:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by xxhopingtearsxx
    ... I'm not reading any more answers since none of you are any much help.
    Excuse me? They are trying to help you, but you are not liking the answers you get.

The simple answer to your question is get up earlier. If you like your straight hair that much, get up 15 minutes earlier.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Dec 4, 2007, 04:33 PM
    Maybe you could try a ceramic hair straightener.
    Vidal sasson and Marcel make some good ones.

Best Flat Irons, Best Hair Straightener
    Ultra Member

Dec 4, 2007, 04:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9
    Excuse me? They are trying to help you, but you are not liking the answers you get.

The simple answer to your question is get up earlier. If you like your straight hair that much, get up 15 minutes earlier.
    Thank you,
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Dec 4, 2007, 04:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by N0help4u
    Maybe you could try a ceramic hair straightener.
    Vidal sasson and Marcel make some good ones.

Best Flat Irons, Best Hair Straightener
    This is what my daughter use, it works great for her... nohelp empty your message box
    Ultra Member

Dec 4, 2007, 04:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by bushg
    this is what my daughter use, it works great for him...
    :confused:
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Dec 4, 2007, 05:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by xxhopingtearsxx
    Every school day, I have to straighten my hair and put so much hairspray my hair is stiff as a block (i'm serious about this its stiff.. except the block thing. Or else my skull would be broken). It takes me two hours to straighten my hair and I keep getting late to school. Actually, it takes me one hour and fourty five minutes. I wake up at 6 AM and start straightening my hair around 6:12 AM because it takes me a while to get up. I have to leave the house at 7:30 AM but I end up leaving around 7:45 or 7:50 AM and getting late. I'm a male btw. People say I look hot with my hair straightened (girls) and guys like it too. When I don't straighten my hair, it's wavy and very very very puffy.

I use Sunsilk Straighten-up shampoo and conditioner and the cream incase you need to know.

I cover my right eye with my bangs incase you need to know. I used to cover my left eye..

What do I do? My right side is always hard to straighten for some reason BTW.. I have to find the right way to hold the straightener since I dont know why but it's easier to straighten my left side. It used to be my left side that bothers me but now it's my right side. Sometimes one layer when i straighten it, it puffs out.
    If it takes you 2 hours to straighten your hair, try using a bigger flat iron. The wider unit flat irons will work faster and save you time. Make sure you use the proper temperature setting for your hair type. If you want a smoother look, try applying a serum to your hair before you straighten it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cartoon from late 80s or early 90s of a school of vampires ,mumies,ghouls,and ghost [ 3 Answers ]

I am trying to find a cartoon I used to watch in either the late 80s or early 90s.the cartoon containd a vampire,mummie,ghouls,and ghost.they were all children that went to school

Tips to fade semi-permanent hair after 48 hours [ 2 Answers ]

Last Thursday I had my hair dyed at a salon and it came out black. My hair is naturally dirty blonde and I just wanted it a shade darker than my roots to even it all out. I really don't know what she did to make it so dark. I didn't think to try home remedies when I got home and went away for...

Pc will load XP PRO but .takes probably three to fours hours [ 1 Answers ]

Foxconn mbd up to 3 Year Warranty available Model 6100K8MA-RS Retail Boxed Main board Supported CPU CPU Socket Type AMD Socket 939 Socket Dual Core support - OEM AMD ATHLON 64 3700+ PROCESSOR INCLUDED Heatsink with Fan included Motherboard Supports Maximum CPU Support any 939pin cpu in...

How to straighten eyelashes [ 1 Answers ]

I was wondering if anyone could help the eyelashes on my left eye curl so bad I can't put mascara. It wasn't like this before! Does anyone have a solution or suggestion I was told to cut it a little!! :rolleyes:

View more questions Search