Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    CurtisD Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 3, 2007, 08:19 PM
    Wiring a motion sensor and astronomic clock for outdoor lights
    I have outdoor lights that I would like to come on at dusk and off at 10pm. After 10 pm I would like these same lights to come on when some one walks through this area. Is this possible and if so how do I wire it?? Thanks
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Dec 3, 2007, 08:53 PM
    You will need a Photocell, a time clock, and a motion detector(will assume 120 volt detector).
    1) Hot will go to time clock timer hot and Line(of time clock)
    2) Timed output, or load goes to photocell hot(black).
    3) Motion hot(black) needs to be constant hot.
    4) Connect the 2 Reds from photocell and motion detector together and to the lights(hot)
    5) Connect all your neutrals and grounds.
    With this setup, Lights come on when photocell sees darkness after 4 pm, then off at 10
    Most motions only work when dark, or have that option. It will only work when dark, and if is is already between 4 and 10 no problem. It will remain lit.
    Good Luck , Take Care

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wiring Leviton 3 way motion sensor switches [ 17 Answers ]

Have done a search and found another post with the same question, but no info on the reslution of the problem. I put in a stairwell to the basement with a landing and 90 deg turn. I have installed a light fixture above the landing to light the stair well and want to control it with motion...

Adding a motion sensor to 3 way outdoor flood lights [ 2 Answers ]

First, thanks in advance for your time. I have two 3-way switches in my home at opposite ends of the house that control two different flood lights outside on the same circuit. I bought and hooked up a motion sensor to one of the floods thinking that when it is triggered it will turn both sets...

3 way motion sensor wiring [ 1 Answers ]

How do I wire a 3 way motion sensor

Can I disable motion sensor on outdoor lights? [ 1 Answers ]

I recently purchased new wall mount outdoor lights. They are motion sensor. I was told they would have the option to turn off the motion sensor. There is not a "switch" for that capability. Is there a way I can wire it to disable that function?

Wiring 3 way motion sensor switches [ 1 Answers ]

Hello! I have 2 3-way motion sensor switches I want to install in my garage. There currently are two 3-way switches on different walls. The setup is different from another thread I was reading on this site.. . In my case the power (2 wire w/ground) goes to the light, and each of the switches...

View more questions Search