Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JNMe615 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 2, 2007, 06:44 PM
    Changed thermostat ac/heat fan will not turn off
    I have a 10-12 year Electric Goodman ac/heat unit. Just recently The fan runs constantly. Even in off position. I have replaced the thermostat. I have swithched the thermostat from auto to on several times. I have switched the power source box to off and on several times. Is there something else I can try before calling the repair man? And what could be wrong? I still have heat and cool air.
    MarkwithaK Posts: 955, Reputation: 107

Dec 2, 2007, 06:47 PM
    It could very well be a stuck relay.
    JNMe615 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 2, 2007, 06:47 PM
    Can I unstick it?
    MarkwithaK Posts: 955, Reputation: 107

Dec 2, 2007, 07:06 PM
    Usually no. You can try tapping on it but I wouldn't hold my breath and even if it did become un-stuck it will no doubt stick again.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Changed over from White Rodgers Thermostat to Honeywell thermostat [ 3 Answers ]

I have a White Rodgers 2 stage heat/1 cool model 1F58-58 heat pump thermostat that I have changed over to a Honeywell programmable thermostat model RTH7400. Did all the correct wiring as stated in the books but when set to cool, the heater kicks on instead of the central air conditioning. What...

NO HEAT! Janitrol heat pump and AC system. Changing to Lux Thermostat. Wiring issue. [ 11 Answers ]

I have a Janitrol A/C and heat pump system. I replaced the thermostat with a Lux T9000LC The A/C works fine, but the heater does not. I have it wired as follows: G - Green Y - Yellow W - White RH - Pink B -

Changed bulb, now remote won't turn it off [ 2 Answers ]

Just moved into a home w/ Hampton Bay fan w/ light. Have a remote control, no pull chains. Replaced the bulbs last week, now the remote won't turn the light on and off as it did before the bulb blew. The LED lights up and remote works on the fan as it should. Any tips? I wrote down HB contact...

Air won't turn on now-changed thermo [ 3 Answers ]

I changed the thermostat from an old Honeywell to a programmable Honeywell 5-2. I have central air & heating is an electric water heater. I programmed it and thought all was well. I came in today and it was 86 degrees. The fan is working but not the air. I set air at 72 and the screen says cool...

Changed thermostat now heater won't work [ 1 Answers ]

We changed a white rodgers thermostat out to a honewll round and now in order for the heater to come on you must first turn the fan to the "on" position. The heater will come on but won't turn the fan on so the safety sensors turn the heater off when there is no air flow. I was told that we got the...

View more questions Search