Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    illadelphock Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 14, 2007, 11:17 PM
    Drywall estimates
    How should I provide an accurate estimate for hanging drywall? As well as taping?
    glavine Posts: 895, Reputation: 87

Nov 15, 2007, 04:18 AM
    $20 a board labor, this is to hang and finish, material not included

For me to personally do it this is to cheap I usually have to charge more, $35 per board, to make it worth my time.
    mach123 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 26, 2008, 08:48 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by glavine
    $20 a board labor, this is to hang and finish, material not included

for me to personally do it this is to cheap i usually have to charge more, $35 per board, to make it worth my time.
    When you say $35 per board what size of sheet (4x8) or what, and when you say finish is that mud and tape and ready for paint.
    estrellasjules Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jun 5, 2008, 04:53 PM
    This would really depend on the market your in. if you try to charge $35 dollars a sheet in Texas or California you may not get the job. I would ask around for other prices and BE COMPETETIVE. Underbidding jobs causes labor prices to drop and makes it hard to make any money.Ask for a square foot price to find the differences between sizes. I personally wouldn't do it for less than $1.25 per foot but the market in Colorado still allows it.
    mach123 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 8, 2008, 09:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by estrellasjules
    This would really depend on the market your in. if you try to charge $35 dollars a sheet in Texas or California you may not get the job. I would ask around for other prices and BE COMPETETIVE. Underbidding jobs causes labor prices to drop and makes it hard to make any money.Ask for a square foot price to find the differences between sizes. I personally wouldn't do it for less than $1.25 per foot but the market in Colorado still allows it.
    I agree, I would not go any less then $1.50 in Edmonton Alberta the main thing is what would you charge for vaulted ceiling. In the upstairs bedroom Loft it is vaulted, but only about 10 ft. But in the other half it is about 18ft open beam and drywall the whole way up. I need to use man lift and scaffolding to do the job. Then what would be the charge per board ft. Thanks
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jun 9, 2008, 10:25 AM
    If you want to have a competitive estimate you should call 3 drywaller and get an estimate for your "job." See what they charge and then you can decide if you can bet their price and still make a living. Hanging5-10 sheets for $20 a sheet would be too small of a job for me to bother but I'd seriously consider it at $35 like Glavine says.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Painting Estimates [ 7 Answers ]

I am starting my own Interior Painting Business. I'm not sure exactly how to go about giving an estimate. How do I know what to charge? Is it by the hour? If so, How much?

In home estimates for Cleaning Business [ 3 Answers ]

I have started a cleaning business and I am not sure how to go about doing in home estimates. Could someone possible give me advice on how to do in home estimates. Thanks

Physics: Estimates and Order-of-Magnitude Calculations [ 1 Answers ]

An automobile tire is rated to last for 50 000 miles. Estimate the number of revolutions the tire will make in its lifetime.

Residential Cleaning Estimates [ 2 Answers ]

How do I, without calling around to get estimates, figure out how much I charge customers to clean their home? Shelley

View more questions Search