Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Mishy8 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 14, 2007, 02:22 PM
    Can you get pregnant if you have not had your period in almost a full year?
    I was just wondering if it is possiable to get pregnant if you have not had a menstural cycle in close to a year?
    babieface85 Posts: 332, Reputation: 24

Nov 14, 2007, 03:56 PM
    You would need to see a doctor to find out the answer to your question. I really would depend on why you are not having periods and only a doctor can tell you the answer. I am pretty sure in some cases, with help, you could still become pregnant.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 14, 2007, 04:01 PM
    Yes you can, I did. Anyway the above answer is correct. You need to be evaluated to find out why you are not having a period. For instance, I ovluate but do not bleed, it's just normal for me, always has been.

So, get a good thorough checkup and save all your questions for doctor.
    macksmom Posts: 1,787, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Nov 15, 2007, 07:07 AM
    I'm in the same boat with J9.

I do not have periods unless they are medically induced.

I got pregnant with my daughter while on birth control, and after not having a period for about 2 years.
    Stac33 Posts: 115, Reputation: 5

Nov 15, 2007, 02:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Mishy8
    I was just wondering if it is possiable to get pregnat if you have not had a menstural cycle in close to a year??
    It happened to me. I was on the pill for 2 1/2 years after my first son was born and as soon as I went off I stopped having a period. I didn't have a period for a year. We found out I was not ovulating which is why I couldn't get pregnant. I was put on clomid for a month or two to jump start ovulation. It still took me around six months, but it finally happened.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Full year resident alien part year treaty [ 1 Answers ]

My country has a tax treaty with US. I came on J1 visa in September 2005 and got the benefit of the tax treaty till August 2007. And since September 2007 my taxes are being with held. I am considered as full year resident alien since Januarary 2007. Which tax form I need to fill up and where to...

A new record for me - a reddie a full year later [ 22 Answers ]

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/members/needkarma.html If you look at that last reputation received it's a post from June 11, 2006. Anyone else beat that?

Worked full year in CT , but live in MA [ 1 Answers ]

I know that I have to file state returns for both. My question is CT took out $1,950 in state taxes, and MA only took out $193. Do I have to pay Ma income tax even if I worked in CT for the full year? Thank you for any help you can give me on this.

Full-year for Federal, Part-year for State ? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I am an alien and comply with the qualification for full-year tax resident for Federal, but not with my state's where I should be considered as a part-year tax resident. Is it a problem if my status are different for federal and state, or does my federal status "overwrite" my state status...

My 10 year old having period problems [ 8 Answers ]

Please help me. My 10 year old started her period this year in September and each month she went from 3 days to 5 days. This month she started December 8th and it is now December 30th and she is still going. I called her Doctor about 5 days ago and they said to keep track of her periods for the...

View more questions Search