Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dianapride Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 19, 2005, 09:00 AM
    Missing rubber gasket in neo-angle shower... question...
    Hi all,

I have a neo-angle shower from american shower & bath co. that we installed about 6 yrs. Ago. The clear rubber gasket for the bottom of the shower door was missing from the box, but since we hardly ever even used the shower in that bathroom, I never remembered to call and check with american shower to see if they could send a replacement. I finally called about 2 weeks ago ( I know... pathetic, right? ), and they said since they stopped making that particular model, they no longer had replacement parts for it, so I'm out of luck. With this rubber gasket missing, the shower leaks through the bottom of the door. Do you have any suggestions as to what I might be able to use instead of the rubber gasket or any suggestions as to where I might be able to find something like this? I would GREATLY appreciate ANY help you could give me... :)

Diana
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Nov 19, 2005, 09:51 AM
    OUCH I have no Idea especially since the manufacturer no longer has the parts where you will find that gasket. I guess you just mop up the water when you are done taking a shower. Lesson in reality time. With the way this country is going with suppliers and business you better make sure you get all the parts next time because getting parts later will be impossible.
    emeryld27 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 6, 2009, 03:37 PM

I have found a plumbing supply company that knows exactly the piece you are talking about. I need a replacement for my shower as well. Robinson plumbing and supply in Plainville, MA. I just ordered the piece that I needed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Zero Launch Angle [ 1 Answers ]

A diver runs horizontally off the end of a diving board with an initial speed of 1.75m/s. If the diving board is 3m above the water, what is the diver's speed just before he enters the water? When I worked out this problem, I came up with an answer of 7.67m/s. The answer at the back of the...

Replacing neo angle shower pan basement [ 1 Answers ]

Greetings... I want to replace my neo angle shower walls and floor pan. I have no problem with the door, walls or working around the shower valve but I am stumped as to how to remove the shower pan and drain from the drain line pipe. Its all relatively new plumbing (6 yrs... plastic piping). What...

Shower Floor Angle [ 2 Answers ]

I am building a cermaic tile shower. What is the angle of the floor for the water to drain into the drainage plumbing? Is it for example 1/4" for every three feet? Thanks, Mike.

Replacing neo angle shower base [ 1 Answers ]

I am replaceing a neo angle shower base in my basement. How does the base/shower drain come off the pipe? Is the drain cemented/glued to the pipe? If so, how would I cut it? Could it possibly be some sort of compression nut? Thank you! Robby

View more questions Search