Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    proud-mum-of-5 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 1, 2007, 07:01 PM
    I haven't had a period for 6 weeks took hpt-neg,now what?

I had my last period on the 19th sept 07,and have been sexually active with my partner.
    I was suppose to get a period on the 16 oct 07,but didn't, I did have pinkish discharge,and haven't had any sign of a period since,have had headaches,felt a bit nausea,had low back pain,very tired at the wrong times of the day,been a bit moody,got a feeling of fullness,jeans aren't fitting,had a metallic taste in my mouth,nails are stronger,hair healthy,breasts a litlle sore and nipples tender,feel like am pregnant,apetite normal, toilet normal also,took a hpt it was negative.
    If I am pregnant then why am I having negative hpt's.
    Im 37years old and we want 1 more before I'm 40.
    Could my age have something to do with this?
    Anybody out there got any help or advice for me??

Proud_mum_of_5
    charlotte234s Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 143
    Ultra Member

Nov 1, 2007, 09:40 PM
    It's possible that you are going through the change some women have it around 40-ish.. but I would consult a doctor for a blood test to make sure you are or are not pregnant.

If you're trying for another baby, best of luck!

Nov 2, 2007, 03:47 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by charlotte234s
    It's possible that you are going through the change some women have it around 40-ish.., but I would consult a doctor for a blood test to make sure you are or are not pregnant.

If you're trying for another baby, best of luck!
    Thanku ever so much,that's also something that I had thought of as well,I'm going to the dr's next week,and I'll let you know how I go,thanks for your good advice
    macksmom Posts: 1,787, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Nov 2, 2007, 05:35 AM
    It is possible to be pregnant and not register on a HPT for awhile. If you are in fact pregnant, you HCG levels double every 2 days... so you could wait a few days and take another HPT... if it is negative definitely get a blood test to make sure.

Good luck :)
    Woah Posts: 6, Reputation: 2

Nov 2, 2007, 04:58 PM
    The HPT are NOT always correct... I took four over a two week period(all different brands) and ALL of them came up negative. I finally went to the doctor and had a blood test that came up positive! Defently go to the doctor! Good luck!

Nov 2, 2007, 06:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by macksmom
    It is possible to be pregnant and not register on a HPT for awhile. If you are in fact pregnant, you HCG levels double every 2 days...so you could wait a few days and take another HPT...if it is negative definitely get a blood test to make sure.

Good luck :)

Thanku for your advice,I am going to the dr's next week,and I'm not really keen on those hpt's as I have used them before and they always say negative,but the dr should have a positive result for me,I hope I am too,thanks

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2 weeks late on my period and negative hpt [ 23 Answers ]

Hi I'm 18 years old I have never been on birth control, my periods are very regular 28 days exactly normally early in the morning to be exact. Anyway one month ago tomorrow I had a one night stand and I know this was ridiculous I don't need anyone to tell me that it wasn't but we reused a condom...

Implantation bleeding and negative hpt [ 1 Answers ]

OK, I didn't get my period but tomorrow it will be two days after my suspected implantation spotting.. I thought I had gotten and positive result yesterday because there was a faint line but I took another today and in was negative so I think now it was an evap. Line... when should I take another...

No period signs but negative hpt? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I'm 21 years ol and am 2weeks late for my perid, me and my fiancé hac been trying for a baby for about 2 months and I know it takes a healthy couple a year to conceive. I have done 2 hpt and they came back negative but I have no sign that my period will come but no signs of pregnancy either...

Spotting and negative HPT, I'm desperate [ 5 Answers ]

I am 18 years old (almost 19 in feb) and on New Year's, my boyfriend and I (we have been dating for 3 1/2 years by the way) had sex twice, but we used a condom. My period is always about a week or two late because I am always stressed, but I haven't had it since a little bit before Thanksgiving. I...

Day 23 and my hpt is negative,please help [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, my lmp was on the 29th oct; I usually have 28 day cycles. I used aimstick opk and found Iwas going to ovulate on the 11th and we did it on those dates (11,12,13) Did a hpt this morn,dpo 10,and its negative,although the hpt says you can test bet 7-10dpo. Is it conclusive that I haven't...

View more questions Search