Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rachelraskino Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 30, 2007, 02:15 PM
    Weight loss in my legs
    Last year I was perfect. This year even though I work out 1 hour a day and eat less, my legs are still solid and flabby. How do I lose weight on my thighs and calves to give them the skinny look? Help me.
    fattimoo Posts: 82, Reputation: 4

Oct 30, 2007, 02:20 PM
    Hiya I have the same problem with my thighs! I don't think you would be able to make them skinny but I found my thighs looked more toned and smaller when I went to the gym and used the bike and running machine. I was told not to over do it because it can turn into muscle
    theliltank12 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Nov 6, 2007, 11:13 PM
    There are a lot of things that contribute to the look of our bodies.. running is always great for the legs. Another great cardio work on is stadiums running stairs works your legs and heart to the core. (stairmaster works too if you don't have a place you can run outside) I will say things like LUNGES are great for thighs along with your butt. Lateral lunges will target a different area as well. I would definitely recommend gaining muscle (that doesn't mean you have to "bulk" up). That muscle gained means fat lost. The more muscle you have the better. That doesn't mean that you have to be big or gain an absurd amount of muscle. Try doing calf raises (maybe a weight that you can do for 3 sets of 12).. and with lunges try doing 3 sets of 30 (rotating legs) so its 15 on each leg for each set.. (if that makes sense) sqauts are a great great thing for legs and butt.. keep eating right and working out you will get there.. gaining muscle is a positive thing, as well it will speed up your matabolism and burn fat!! Good luck I hope this helps! If you have any questions feel free to ask me.. or ask a trainer at your gym
    Good luck
    Bocasean Posts: 147, Reputation: 20

Nov 7, 2007, 07:46 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by fattimoo
    hiya i have the same problem with my thighs! i dont think you would be able to make them skinny but i found my thighs looked more toned and smaller when i went to the gym and used the bike and running machine. i was told not to over do it because it can turn into muscle
    Turn into muscle? Your leg is already muscle.

You pretty much have 5 choices when it comes to body mass, and this includes the legs:

Muscle (proteins)
    Bone
    Liquid Goo (blood, water, etc)
    Fats
    Skin

Aside from that, speaking in generalities when it comes to individual fitness is highly flawed, and a reason for a great deal of the frustration many people feel. Your legs are shaped a certain way and your muscles respond a certain way and the best you can do is strengthen your legs, lean out the fat, prevent osteoporosis, and drink water.

Most women are unlikely to pack on mass on their legs, even if they do exercise the muscles. They simply don't have enough testosterone. If you're one of those women who do get large leg muscles, then the best you can do is keep the fat stores to a minimum and learn to love yourself.

Otherwise, don't worry about it :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How I lose weight in my arms and legs but not my stomach? [ 5 Answers ]

kay so my stomach is super skinny, but my legs and arms aren't. they aren't fat, they are pretty muscular..well my legs are..but my arms are just fat. they don't fit my body at all. its weird. i've done push-ups and i'm a cheerleader, but it never turns into muscle. someone please help me....

I want to lose weight on my legs [ 5 Answers ]

Im a size 14 and I'm 16 but I haven't wore a skirt for about 4 years now, I really want to be able to lose the fat on my legs so that I can wear shorts and bikini's again? I really want to lose weight on my legs it's just making me so depressed! XxXX please help XxXx:( :(

Weight loss [ 1 Answers ]

Hi,I have been trying to loss weight for about 10 years now,I'am fit but get bigger at night time,I have found out that my weight on the scale is 205 pounds, I have never been this big before,yet I don't look it,please help me to find away to loss this fat on my muscle and get back to my size 7...

Are there natural products that aid in Weight loss? [ 6 Answers ]

Is there anything out there that helps with weight loss that is a "Natural" product? Please don't tell me about the "Self Control" pill or "Just stop eating" pill. I am grossly overweight and need to start on some kind of plan so I can slowly lose the extra weight over a year or so. Thanks...

View more questions Search