Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    xxhopingtearsxx Posts: 45, Reputation: -1

Oct 28, 2007, 07:02 PM
    Mom won't get me braces
    My mom can afford braces but won't give me any cause she thinks I won't brush my teeth. I'm 14 years old and it's almost too late for me to get braces. I'm not waiting until I'm 18 to get braces because it will look so stupid that I will not get it. I won't get invisible ones either because I wanted to look like a normal teenager with braces. Not have to be so old that I have to have invisible ones because it'll look so weird.

And sometimes I don't brush my teeth because I'm not in the mood. But one time, I did 3 times a day because I wanted to get braces cause my teeth is crooked. My mom still didn't buy me braces so I just stopped and did it once a while. When I know I'm going to be talking to a hot girl, I brush it for so long.
    rankrank55 Posts: 1,259, Reputation: 177
    Ultra Member

Oct 28, 2007, 07:06 PM
    If you want to prove to your mother that you will take care of the braces that cost ever so much you will have to start practicing healthy brushing habits. Brush your teeth morning and night... put a sticky note in your room as a reminder. Braces are very expensive.
    macksmom Posts: 1,787, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Oct 28, 2007, 07:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by xxhopingtearsxx
    And sometimes I don't brush my teeth because I'm not in the mood.
    Well I can understand where your mom is coming from. Braces are expensive... what's the point if you aren't going to take care of your teeth? Regardless if you have braces or not you should be brushing your teeth... not only to avoid cavities and such, but just as good hygiene.

If you don't take care of your teeth now, your mom probably doesn't want to waste the money.

Start taking care of your teeth because you want to... not just to get braces. Once she sees this, she will probably be more open to getting them.
    savedsinner7 Posts: 412, Reputation: 52

Oct 28, 2007, 07:08 PM
    I got braces at 17 years old. My mom got them in her 40's. I don't think there's such a thing as running out of time. Take care of your teeth and your mom may change her mind. You have to do your part though.
    sGt HarDKorE Posts: 656, Reputation: 98

Oct 28, 2007, 07:10 PM
    And FYI, its not too late. So many people in my grade, (10th) and higher have and are still planning to get braces so don't worry about it.
    retsoksirhc Posts: 912, Reputation: 71

Oct 28, 2007, 07:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by sGt HarDKorE
    ¡Hoy es mi cumpleaños!
    ¡Feliz cumpleaños! Tiene una dia bueno, y un año fantastica.

I wish I could remember more spanish, I had to change the sentence structure a few times because I couldn't remember my verbs :)
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 28, 2007, 08:28 PM
    After reading your question, I can say you need to grow up and start good hygene just because, the smell of bad breath from not brushing several times a day every day, will be far worst than any crooked tooth.
    One is something you can do something about, the other is not.

And you can get them fixed as a adult even, and your whinning about I won't do this or I won't do that, appears to show you are not willing to work something out either.
    pikachufannumber1 Posts: 98, Reputation: 6

Oct 30, 2007, 05:42 PM
    OK so u want braces. Brush your teeth at least every morning and night and if u want at lunch too then do that for maybe a couple weeks and see what she thinks then. That all I can give you.
    stonewilder Posts: 420, Reputation: 99

Oct 30, 2007, 06:42 PM
    You might think your breath is fresh when you are talking to a hot girl but it probably reaps from all that plaque imbedded between your teeth and gums from not brushing regularly.
    braces lover Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 24, 2012, 08:36 PM
    I need help because I want braces so bad but I don't need them is there anything I could do??

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mom dog won't eat and I don't know how much and how often to bottle feed puppies. [ 2 Answers ]

My dog just had puppies, they are now 12 days old. She has now stopped eating and I don't know what to do. How much should I feed the puppies and how often? I will try to help her eat but what do I do about the puppies? I need help!!

I want to walk my dog but my mom won't let me! [ 6 Answers ]

I need some help well a lot of help... So I have a dog he's a Morkie, and he's getting FAT. I want to take him for a walk but my mom won't let me! She says I`m to young I`m Bigger Than Him And He Can't Pull Me! So can you give me some tips? :confused:

How can the father on my baby see him if my mom won't let him [ 7 Answers ]

My mom dose not like my boyfriend and I'm having a kid with him can she keep him fron seeing me and our baby? :( :( :(

My child wants to live with me but her mom won't let her? [ 1 Answers ]

My 16 year old daughter wants to move with me permantley but I don't want to take custody from her mom I just want to be able to live with me and not worry that her mom will try to hurt her for choosing to live with me! Does anyone have any ideas about the state of Florida laws about this subject?

I'm 14 and my mom won't let me date [ 6 Answers ]

I know my parents have there own rules, but seriously I'm 14 and I've been going out with my boyfriend for 9 nine months,& we're really not ready for sex, I want to go out with him without my parents right there in my face. Ugh does anybody have my problems, and do any parents agree with my parents...

View more questions Search