Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    christina504 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 4, 2005, 09:18 PM
    Miscarriage?
    I got my period on October 23rd and I had it about 6-7 days.Then the last few days when I would go to the bathroom and wipe there would be a brownish red substance on the toilet paper. Then tonight I went to the bathroom my period came back plus the was a blood clot about the size of a quarter. This is not normal for me. I have been under a lot of stress lately. Any help would be great. Thank you.
    letmeno Posts: 215, Reputation: 23

Nov 4, 2005, 10:29 PM
    Bleeding clots is normal. Even if you have never bled clots before @ some point in time you will. Your body changes. If you had a miscarriage, trust me, you would know it. You do not bleed one clot, you bleed CLOTS! If you pay close attention to a miscarriage, you would notice a grayish, white matter in the clot. This is the expelled embryo. You bleed heavily for days. A miscarriage is then followed by a dnc from your doc. When in doubt always seek medical attention. If you were pregnant, the htc hormone would still be in your bloodstream so if you were to go get a pregnancy test today, it would still read positive even after you have miscarried. If the bleeding is heavy (1 to 2 or more pads an hr.) go to the emergency room.
    Hope this helps.
    christina504 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 4, 2005, 10:37 PM
    Yes I understand that blood clots are normal , but what I was talking about was the fact that my period came back after being gone for a week.
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Nov 5, 2005, 12:53 AM
    http://www.medicinenet.com/miscarriage/page3.htm

Unscheduled and irregular bleeding is an indication of something not normal going on in your body and you should have seen a doctor already. Check the link above and learn that there are many different symptoms and causes,of which miscarriage is just one. If you have been sexually active without protection then that is a likely 'diagnosis', but as I said there are many reasons for this and should not be taken lightly. So, please make an appointment, or go to the ER as soon as possible.
    Ignoring or under-rating your body's signals is something we women should never do.
    Get reassurance from your physician, and good luck. Please keep us posted.

Get well soon!
    letmeno Posts: 215, Reputation: 23

Nov 6, 2005, 10:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Chery
    http://www.medicinenet.com/miscarriage/page3.htm

Unscheduled and irregular bleeding is an indication of something not normal going on in your body and you should have seen a doctor already. Check the link above and learn that there are many different symptoms and causes,of which miscarriage is just one. If you have been sexually active without protection then that is a likely 'diagnosis', but as I said there are many reasons for this and should not be taken lightly. So, please make an appointment, or go to the ER as soon as possible.
    Ignoring or under-rating your body's signals is something we women should never do.
    Get reassurance from your physician, and good luck. Please keep us posted.

Get well soon!
    This is true, but also some women are not "regulars" when it comes to their monthly. There are many different reasons for break through bleeding. Missed birth control pill, stress, and sometimes your body changes and your monthly changes as well, one month you may bleed lightly, and the next month is like Niagra Falls. My period changes from month to month. There have been times when I am like clockwork and two weeks later I have a cycle again. If it were me, I wouldn't worry too much just because I am not a "regular" gal, but if it concerns you then see a doc.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Miscarriage [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I did a blood test and I was pregnant ,percentage 136 (this test to confirm that I'm pregnant) then I did the test again after 4 days and it was 118! It is should go up not down.. I did a home pregnancy test 4 times already and it shows very thin light in the pregnant box... Does that...

Signs of Miscarriage? [ 2 Answers ]

I had a miscarriage on October 3rd, 2005... Since February, my fiancé and I have been trying again. Every month since then we have had no results in getting pregnant. This week I was supposed to get my period (3 days late) however, have had some cramping and bleeding, not to the extent of my...

After Miscarriage Question... [ 1 Answers ]

TIA for any information! I was 8 weeks pg, and lost the baby 2 weeks ago today. I bled for about 3 days and stopped for about 4. I then started bleeding again for a day at the most, and stopped again. I have now started bleeding again. Throughout all of this, I have been having horrible...

Miscarriage [ 12 Answers ]

Why is miscarriage not considered by many work places or people to be a process of mourning and is bereavement. Some manager at my work told me it does not fall under bereavement because the baby was not alive outside the body.

Blood clots after miscarriage [ 1 Answers ]

Last June at 5 months pregnant, I found out my baby had died. I had lost my insurance when I got pregnant and my husband and I were told to go to what turned out to be an abortion clinic for the removal. I had a very hard time during the procedure. It had to be repeated several times during the 6...

View more questions Search