Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ally88 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 14, 2007, 08:35 PM
    Confused love
    Hi, I am new to this site. But I am desperately seeking an answer to my questions, from someone who really knows what they are doing. So when I found this website I was very glad that maybe I can get an answer now.

First of all, let me start by telling you the whole story. First of all, I am now 18 years old, will be 19 soon. Have been told that I am very mature for my age. I have been very depressed lately because last December, which means its almost been a year now, my boyfriend of 2 years broke up with me. He is now 17. We met at a school event one night, and we began to find an interest in each other, a month or so later we got together.

When we got together I was almost 16, and he was 14. I know we were young, but he was a mature guy when it came to the real important things, but he was also the kind of guy that always wanted to make sure I was happy and made me laugh. We were together for a while, and we took the physical part very slow, so that was good. But we grew closer and closer the longer we were together.

About a year after we had been together, we were closer than ever, and he came to school one day and told me that he may have to move away because his parents lost their jobs. I couldn't take it, but he ended up moving one away one day, to a different state (they were not originally from here). I was shattered and so was he. He would write me all kinds of poetry. It was the sweetest thing. He always talked about how he would always love me, and never ever would be able to live without me.

He always told me the last thing I had to worry about was losing him. He always wanted the best education for me, the most happiness for me. He was so sad for a while and so was I, and one day he told me because he didn't want me to miss out on anything, he wanted to propose the idea of still dating but see others as well. So anyway, he told me it was up to me, and I didn't want to , so we didn't. I know it may sound weird. But anyway, we went on and on talking on the phone every night, getting closer, and closer. We only saw each other every few months. But we still kept the flames alive.

In October of last year, I went down to visit him, and we spent every single second together. He promised I would never ever lose him, and I had been telling him I wanted to move down there for my college after I graduated high school the following may. And he acted happy about it mostly. He at first asked me if I was sure I wanted to, and later after I had visited him, he said he had been very depressed since I had gotten back home after the visit, so he couldn't wait for me to get down there. Now, first.. we had made it very clear that I wasn't moving in with him, only moving to his town, to go to school. So that we could be closer. But a little over a month later, he called me out of nowhere and told me he had something to tell me, but he didn't know for sure if he wanted to. He said that it would hurt me. And I practically kept him from telling me because I was so scared. I honestly would NOT let him tell me for anything. Then the next day, I got an email from him telling me to go find a better guy that he was breaking up with me. He said he didn't love me in that way anymore.

What I want to know is how could he do this? I think he still loves me actually. Listen to this.. as we kept talking on the phone after the breakup, he still acted as if he had feelings for me, but he never would admit that he still has feelings for me. He kept saying that he didn't anymore. But one night he said out of nowhere, "one of the reasons i broke up with you is because of the fact you were going to move down here" "i knew that the only person you knew here was me and that you would be really dependent on me" he said he talked it over with his dad too. Still to this day he flirts with me sometimes and still acts like there is something still there. He still tells me that he really wants me to be happy and that I should keep my schooling up and not get distracted. But whenever he calls me now and I don't call him back right away. If I wait a few days, he always asks why I waited so long to call him back. Jokingly, and then he says that I should have called him immdediately, jokingly. And when I tell him that I went somewhere with someone he usually aks's ,"with who?" and if I say a guy, or some guys, then he usually gets quiet for a second, and then tries to make a funny.

I know this was a very very long story, but I feel that it is relevant for you to know the whole story to answer my question. My main question is, do you think he's still in love with me? And is there a chance that we may get back together one day? Thanks a bunch. Ally.
    mckenzie134 Posts: 647, Reputation: 67

Oct 14, 2007, 09:00 PM
    NEXT TIME YOU SPEAK TO HIM TELL HIM UR HAPPY YOURVE MET A NEW GUY AND YOUR GOING TO GIVE HIM A CHANEC. THEN HANG UP AND LET HIM THINK ABOUT IT HE MAY JUST WAKE UP AND REALISE HE IS LOSING YOU. Until then he won't Trust me. Tell him this it may not be true but you need to do it for him and yourself. He may say fine and have a great time but don't worry it will eat him up...
    ally88 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 14, 2007, 09:10 PM
    Thanks for this advice, I think I will try this next time we talk. Hope this works.
    cerisa Posts: 247, Reputation: 71

Oct 15, 2007, 01:59 PM
    It sounds as if he is maturing. Take his advice, he is right. You might be dependent on him. He needs room to grow now. You both need to explore other relationships before you commit to anyone. His dad probably wants the best for you both. Good luck
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Oct 15, 2007, 04:19 PM
    He was 14 when you started dating, a child, what were you thinking messing with a 14 year old? He is growing up and does not want you clinging to him. He wants to experience life and he should, and so should you.
    Leave him alone. Let him get on with his life and you get on with yours.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Confused about love [ 1 Answers ]

What do you do when you know your boyfriend loves you, you tell him I love you back but your not sure if you really mean it.:confused:

Confused and in love [ 2 Answers ]

My husband after thirteen years and 4 kids tells me that I have been too controlling and check him too much, so he started seeing another girl, which he met through his sisters as a friend and began to discuss our problems. She has 2 children of her own and after I found out and we fought he moved...

I think I still love with my Ex:confused [ 1 Answers ]

Ok.I cannot stop thinking about him!I made this fake myspace for my fake boyfriend to make him jealous.And me as my fake boyfriend told to him at least once a day.And it seems like he likes me.But me and his friend that's female hates each other and she showed everyone at skool naked pics of me...

Confused love... [ 7 Answers ]

Hello all, so a little over a year and a half ago a woman moved in across the hall in my building. We hit it off from the beginning and began casually dating. I never intended the relationship to escalate to what it became, after all we lived right next door and I had just gotten out of a...

Confused with love [ 4 Answers ]

Hey, My problem is I had been with my partner for three and a half years. We even got engaged in December 2003. However being from a ethnic background, my father disapproved of my choice of partner. However from our love for each other we conquered all. But we broke up four weeks ago. We fought...

View more questions Search