Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    keils Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 11, 2007, 09:45 AM
    Deprovera shot
    I've been on depo for a month now and have not stopped spotting. I'm starting to think this is why you don't get pregnant on the shot. How can I stop it? Can I take the pill while on depo to try and regulate my period? I would like to be intimate with my husband but cannot and its frustrating. Please help with ideas...
    gooner28 Posts: 46, Reputation: 2

Oct 16, 2007, 09:16 AM
    I went on the 9 week depo, and I bleed constantly for 9 weeks the doc's told me it would stop after my next jab, I know there is another jab which you can have every 12 weeks I did try this but I balloned in size so soon stopped this one although I never had a period with this one. Some people don't put on the weight , all depends on you. I never had my 2nd 9 week jab as like you it annoyed me with the constant bleeding. If your really worried ring your local nurse and they will help over the phone. Hope this helps you.
    chukieanbride Posts: 23, Reputation: 3

Oct 16, 2007, 09:25 AM
    I had the 12 week depo, I bleed the whole 12 weeks an as with gooner28, I was told the next one would not cause the same problems, though after I had that jab I experienced the same bleeding, I was bleeding so long I gave up on it... there must be something in that that affects a lot ov women, I have herd this story so many times
    trying4babykirk Posts: 123, Reputation: 7

Oct 17, 2007, 10:28 PM
    I got the depo shot and was on it for almost 3 years and it was every 12 weeks and I never bled they whole 3 years from the day I got they shot, however my best friend got on it at the same time and she experienced the bleeding non stop everyday for 12 weeks, she got off it and started Yasmin which she loves... so maybe try a different form of because!
    sarah1989 Posts: 154, Reputation: 0

Oct 17, 2007, 11:07 PM
    I am on the 3 month depo I've been on this nearly a year
    And never got my period all but one time that lasted 2 weeks but apart from that nothing...
    It should be right to still be intamate wouldn't it?
    sarah1989 Posts: 154, Reputation: 0

Oct 17, 2007, 11:07 PM
    Also by being on depo I gained a lot of weight Grr:(
    HeatherAnn420 Posts: 16, Reputation: 2

Oct 19, 2007, 07:11 PM
    Same as a lot of what has been saying. Being on depo . I now am not. I was on it for about a 9 months. I had gotten off it didn't get my period regulary for about 6 months; and guess what ended pregnant ! So; It works good if your body accepts it but if your looking to have a child soon afterwards- not a very good thing to be on ! Because it does take time to ware off. My doctor had said some women bleed non stop and some have no period at all ! So it's really up to your body.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Deprovera Shot? [ 11 Answers ]

:confused: I'm just wondering how long you have until the shot wears off? I am waiting for my insurance to go through, but in the meantime I am 5 days past the due date for my next shot! So I am just wondering how likely it is that I will get pregnant and am I taking a big risk having sex while...

Deprovera shot when do I need my next one [ 3 Answers ]

I took my last shot in February, Im not to sure when I will need my next one can anyone help? The exact day was feb 4th

Deprovera Shot [ 1 Answers ]

I have been off the shot for close to 6 years. I received again today my husband wants to know how long it takes to start working?

Deprovera Shot [ 3 Answers ]

I was on depo for approximately 5 years & didn't have a cycle during that time. My last depo shot was September 2006. Since then I now have a cycle again, but have not been able to get pregnant. How long does depo stay in your system? I thought that once my cycle started again, I could...

Deprovera Shot [ 4 Answers ]

Is it possible to get pregnant while on the deprovera shot? I have been taking it for 5 years, only missing it 2 times. Once last year the other time 2 years ago. :confused:

View more questions Search