Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lulu2912 Posts: 83, Reputation: 4

Oct 8, 2007, 07:16 PM
    Glycerin Suppositories while pregnant
    So sorry about this... I'm sure it's going to be too much information but, here goes. I have always had trouble with constipation and occasionally I use a glycerin suppository. Is it safe to use this while you are pregnant?

Oct 9, 2007, 12:10 PM
    Does anyone have any advice?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Oct 9, 2007, 12:14 PM
    Yes, dear they are safe during pregnancy. Since pregnancy increases the chances of constipation, this is one method suggested. There are other more natural methods (dried apricots for instance) that may work as well.

PREGNANCY and BREAST-FEEDING: If you become pregnant while taking Glycerin Suppositories, discuss with your doctor the benefits and risks of using Glycerin Suppositories during pregnancy. It is unknown if Glycerin Suppositories is excreted in breast milk. If you are or will be breast-feeding while you are using Glycerin Suppositories, check with your doctor or pharmacist to discuss the risks to your baby.
    Always discuss any use of any medication with your doctor. A call to your pharmacist would possibly do better as they are more up to date with medications and side effects.

Oct 9, 2007, 12:16 PM
    Okay thank you very much

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

4 weeks pregnant confirmed but not feeling pregnant [ 22 Answers ]

I'm 4 weeks pregnant started bleeding yesterday but it stopping now the problem is I'm not feeling any symptoms but then again I'm only 4 weeks are they to start around 10 weeks before my mood was at a high like I've never fely before my appetite has gone over the last few days but that might be...

Am I Pregnant [ 4 Answers ]

I am 24 and have been trying to fall Pregnant for 7 months now! I had my last period on the 28th of May! My cycle is 42 days and I am never late! I was suppose to start my period on the 9th of July! I took home tests and on the 4th day that I missed I went for a blood test, and it was negative! It...

Am I pregnant? [ 4 Answers ]

I am married. I had an intercourse with my husband last month, but I had my monthly period after it immediately. Last month period was delayed for 6 days after the due day. Since I finished my period, I haven't had any sexual intercourse with my husband. But I haven't had my period for this month....

Could I be pregnant? [ 4 Answers ]

Hi my name is Coleen and I am trying to find out if there is a possibility that I could be pregnant. I had unprotected sex on the 18th and 22nd of Feb. 2007. I then felt cramping in my lower tummy and sides. I am also always very fatigued and my nipples are sore. I started getting cramping in my...

I wonder why I haven't got pregnant yet! [ 6 Answers ]

Hello!! everyone I just thought I could share my lil story...well anyway I been trying for 7months now trying to get pregnant but no luck!! I heard of a pill "Called" Geritol Cmplete and I have heard good news from this name that's hopefully help me get pregnant...And what's funny because my home...

View more questions Search