Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mtnbkr Posts: 83, Reputation: 2

Oct 8, 2007, 02:27 PM
    Connect MIP CPVC directly to FIP shower inlet
    Is it safe to connect MIP CPVC directly to the FIP shower inlet? The previous homeowner had done that when finishing the basement. I'm in the process of redoing some of it, but was a bit concerned after a trip to Lowe's. I saw that the MIP CPVC adapter said "cold water" where as the CPVC to brass MIP said "hot and cold water." This leads me to believe that I should use the second piece, and not the all CPVC adapter that was used in the first place. I planned on using telfon tape for this connection as well. Please comment on that too. Thanks!
    iamgrowler Posts: 1,421, Reputation: 110
    Ultra Member

Oct 8, 2007, 05:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkr
    Is it safe to connect MIP CPVC directly to the FIP shower inlet? The previous homeowner had done that when finishing the basement. I'm in the process of redoing some of it, but was a bit concerned after a trip to Lowes. I saw that the MIP CPVC adapter said "cold water" where as the CPVC to brass MIP said "hot and cold water." This leads me to believe that I should use the second piece, and not the all CPVC adapter that was used in the first place. I planned on using telfon tape for this connection as well. Please comment on that too. Thanks!
    You never want to use all plastic female adapters, whether it's CPVC or PVC.

Most CPVC pipe and fitting manufacturers offer female adapters with brass inserts which are all right for use in the application you describe.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

CPVC v/s copper for new shower install [ 3 Answers ]

I'm currently installing a shower in my basement and everything has went smoothly so far. My question is, does it matter whether you use copper lines or CPVC line as the water feed lines on a new install? (By that I also mean between the shower head and the faucet) Most showers I've seen in...

Clogged Inlet Port - Low Pressure in Shower [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I have always had low hot water pressure in my master shower ever since the house was renovated. I have followed the advice on this site, and it is clear that it is a clog in the hot water line. I then decided that it would be brilliant to shove a semi soft plastic homemade snake device down...

How to connect DVD player directly to Dish Network DVR receiver [ 1 Answers ]

Hello. I just got a new DVD player and I need some help connecting it. I already had my TV connected to a Dish Network DVR receiver. My TV is older and only has one cable connection on the back of it, which the Dish Network receiver is connected to. When I got my DVD player, I was under the...

Mip [ 1 Answers ]

Does Anyone know the consequences and fines of an Minor in possession of alcohol?

MIP/Consumption [ 2 Answers ]

My 19-year old son has received a summons to appear in court for MIP/Consumption of Alcohol by a minor. We have never been to court for anything. I will accompany him. What should we expect? Are there questions we should ask? Will he have a "record?" I'd appreciate any help you can give us. ...

View more questions Search