Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    diddine Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 25, 2007, 10:49 PM
    Depo shot emergency
    I took my first shot about 2.5 mouths ago(almost ready for the 2nd one). The first two weeks I was VERY itchy every where and every day ( the itching stop now). I was not expecting a period but I have been bleeding light for 2.5 weeks STRAIGHT now. I wanted to know if anyone have experience similar symptom or any suggestion.
    Uhm... not only have I been bleeding for 2 weeks straight, but I also notice that I have an unpleasant smell ( even after taking a shower). I"am thinking it because of the long term bleeding, but I am not sure. I am worry, and I need some sort of feed back please.
    sarah1989 Posts: 154, Reputation: 0

Sep 25, 2007, 11:29 PM
    Hello I had the same thing I've been on depo nearly a year and have only got my period once while on it my period went for at least over two weeks so that's normal and to me I think the smell would be normal too from the build up of old blood and stuff but I wouldn't stress too much you may also like to just go to the doctors to get a check up and make sure its nothing more seriouse
    Good luck
    opcitandibid Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 26, 2007, 12:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by diddine
    I took my first shot about 2.5 mouths ago(almost ready for the 2nd one). the first two weeks i was VERY itchy every where and every day ( the itching stop now). i was not expecting a period but i have been bleeding light for 2.5 weeks STRAIGHT now. i wanted to know if anyone have experience similar symptom or any suggestion.
    uhm... not only have i been bleeding for 2 weeks straight, but i also notice that i have an unpleasant smell ( even after taking a shower). i"am thinking it because of the long term bleeding, but i am not sure. I am worry, and i need some sort of feed back please.
    I called and asked the nurse after continuous bleeding after 3 weeks and she said it was just spotting, and I thought well that sucks, as long as it eventually stops it should probably be fine for you. (although I called after it has been going on for 3 months now she said I should get it checked out. Hope you're having better luck than me.)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Depo Shot [ 3 Answers ]

All right, my last depo shot was July 5, 2005. So its been about 2 years since my last shot. I haven't had but 1 period since then and it was December 2006. It was extremely heavy and it lasted a whole month. Since then I haven't had a period. Me and my husband have tried and tried, but I can't get...

Depo shot [ 2 Answers ]

I started the depo shot on April 11, 2007 and it have been 3 months later, and I am still bleedingfrom the shot. The bleeding don't be heavy like a period . I want to know how long does the bleeding last and will it ever stop.

Getting off the depo shot [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: I am 28 years old and getting ready to get married to a wonderful man.:p I was on the depo shot for 3 years and I have now been off it for about 6 weeks, maybe not quite that long, but I have had bleeding for the past 5 weeks and it is driving me crazy. It will tease me, I will go all...

View more questions Search