Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    valgal Posts: 13, Reputation: 2

Sep 14, 2007, 08:33 PM
    He has a girlfriend, but I think he might like me
    I am in love with a guy who I think might like me, but he has a girlfriend. I want to know if he really does like me. He always comes up to me and starts talking to me. Usually I hang out with him at lunch and walk with him to the next period, but these past few days, I've been hanging out with some other friends and today I went into the building that we usually eat together in, and he wasn't there. Then when I went to sit with my other friends, he was sitting really close to where I had been the past couple of days, then when he saw me, he left his friends to get up and talk to me. Then when the bell rang, I got my things together and left and he left a little bit after me. I walk really slow so he passed me while he was talking to his friends, and then he went into a hallway when he usually goes straight to class and right as I was walking by he came out, acting like he hadn't known that I was walking by at the same time, and I know he did. Then he started talking to me again. I'm a sophomore and he is a senior, his girlfriend is in college so he dosen't spend that much time with her anymore, but it seems like he's trying to spend time with me, but trying to be subtle about it. Some people tell me that his girlfriend is really mean, but I still don't want to try to break them up, I'm not like that. I just want to know if he likes me and if so, how I should go about letting him know that I like him without being mean or slutty. So if anyone can help me please let me know. Thanks!:D
    nkychic Posts: 180, Reputation: 70

Sep 14, 2007, 08:51 PM
    First off, you liking him doesn't make you mean or slutty, however the fact that he is flirting with you when he has a girlfriend should send up a red flag. If he can do this to her, what makes you think he wouldn't do it to you also? Just think... if you all start going out, he will soon be headed to college and you will be at school wondering what [I]he[I] is doing. Besides are you sure you like him for the right reasons and not because he is one of those guys that knows exactly how to play his cards? I know those guys, I've fallen for them many many times... "the ladies man." They're good, they're really good, but highly dangerous. They are armed with looks, charm, and a great personality, and all of these things aiming right towards your fragile heart. They hurt more than help the majority of the time, even if you don't realize it immediately.

Or on the other hand, he could be a genuine guy who is in a relationship that does not make him happy. Whatever the case may be, you need to bare in mind that he DOES have a girlfriend. Even if he isn't happy, there is a reason he is still with her. There is nothing wrong with harmless flirting, if they break up he is free game. However, don't EVER settle for being the "other" girl. It's not worth it! Good luck and keep me updated on what happens. I hope I could be of at least a little assistance.

<3 Leslie
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 15, 2007, 05:53 AM
    If he is older and has a g/f, what do you expect he is talking to you for?? He is only giving you attention because his g/f isn't there, and you are.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

My girlfriend [ 4 Answers ]

Is my girlfriend pragnent?

Ex Girlfriend or Pregnant Girlfriend [ 10 Answers ]

I had been seeing my partner for 8 years and have had a fantastic relationship. We had a really good lifestyle and I genuinely feel like she was my soulmate and true love. Trouble is I didn't know it. I hit 40 and had what I now see as a mid life crisis. I split with my girlfriend in November,...

What is my girlfriend saying? [ 3 Answers ]

Here's my question. I'm trying to understand what is going on with my girlfriend. We met when she moved into my apartment building. Our relationship took off real quick. We started having sex within a month or less, which I think was a mistake. Anyway, after a while I decided to slow things...

Ex girlfriend [ 6 Answers ]

Hello I am having trouble with an ex girlfriend. When I was 17 I went out with this girl for about 18months and it was our first love, it ended when she went to university and I was getting jealous about her being out all the time, and I suppose I was a bit obsessed. It took me quite a while to...

View more questions Search