Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Marily Posts: 457, Reputation: 51

Sep 5, 2007, 12:10 PM
    This woman at church
    I met someone at church, at first she was nice but now she is trying to rule me, for instance if she ask me to do something and I decline, she call me boring or old fashion, she is trying to convince me that I should have more kids where as she only have 1 child, she doesn't like it if I don't want to join her with whatever she is busy with , she wants to correct me on whatsoever but she herself also have a lot of mistakes and tries to make excuses when I bring it up. I honestly need to get her of my chest. My husband and her husband is good friends so they visit regulary. How can I sort her out without being rude, yet very firm
    nicespringgirl Posts: 1,237, Reputation: 187
    Ultra Member

Sep 5, 2007, 12:37 PM
    She seems very dramatic, and gives people headache.
    I will ignore her, it doesn't mean you be soft, sometimes, silence can be a weapon.
    You are a good person I can tell, but don't put up with her crap.:)

Sep 5, 2007, 12:45 PM
    I do ignore her a lot but sometimes I think I should straighten her out once and for all
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Sep 5, 2007, 12:49 PM
    Just sit her down over tea (or whatever you like) and tell her that you have a problem with how she treats you. She does not own you so she has no right to be this way. Ignoring people can work but after a while of letting this go on you could get enough of it and snap on her.

You will have more kids when you are ready.
    If she wants to correct you on your mistakes, tell her that she needs to accept criticism as well.
    If you don't want to join her in whatever she wants you to do, you are busy and that's that.

You don't have to be mean, you can usually get your point across being nice and civil. :)

Sep 5, 2007, 12:57 PM
    I will talk to her, hopefully she will change.
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Sep 5, 2007, 12:58 PM
    I hope she will change for your sake too, because I know I would definitely snap if I had to go through that all of the time.
    dreamangel226 Posts: 22, Reputation: 2

Sep 5, 2007, 01:10 PM
    Try being straight with her. Let her know that her comments are unwanted and unappreciated and that you don't need her unsolicited advice. Also tell her that her behavior is unbecoming and if it continues, than the two of you cannot be friends. Tell your husband also, so that if he's getting together with her husband, he will be sure of your feelings and won't ask you to participate. If she has a problem with the way that you feel than that's her problem, not yours.

Sep 5, 2007, 01:11 PM
    Its hard to keep calm sometimes but the key is not to let your emotions control you.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Sep 5, 2007, 01:32 PM
    You can try to say to her, nicely, "Thank you for all your advice Susie, but it's really not necessary. I know you mean well, but I am a grown woman and very capable of making my own decisions."

Short, sweet, and simple.

When she tries again to give you unsolicited advice just say to her "I think we have already discussed this Susie."

It should work and there should be no hard feelings toward anyone.

Sep 5, 2007, 11:29 PM
    Thanks J_9 that was short, sweet and straight to the point, just what I needed, I will let you guys know what she said.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Do I need to go to church? [ 13 Answers ]

I want to get my children baptised does this mean I need to go to church every week?

My church is renting their manse to a promiscuous woman? [ 7 Answers ]

I have been a Christian for three years now, after coming out of a cult. I joined and am attending the Presbyterian church of my ancestors... this is the question I have. Our current pastor is not using the manse (place where the pastor could live) and is being rented out. My aunt has lived...

Church and school [ 3 Answers ]

Do you think the relationship between church and school is important

Peace in the Church [ 11 Answers ]

Why do so many Christians ignore the peace teachings of Christ? Isn't it obvious that he did not come to establish a worldly kingdom? Yet, this administration and many of the Christians seek to bring about the kingdom through worldly mechanisms rather than through Christian living. Just...

View more questions Search