Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    yma69 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 4, 2007, 04:47 AM
    Will I ever b happy
    I'm 18 and just come out of a 4 year relationship I have baby, who is now one. I meet a man who is a bit older than me but the only trouble is he already has a partner and two children. When we do get the chance to meet iwe have a lovely time and we have so much in comman. I am really falling for this man, he has never said anythink like he will one day leave his girlfriend for me but I want him to. He is always getting kicked out of hs own house by her and he finds her unatractive and is embaressed of her iu asked him why he was still with her and he said because of the children. Do you think me and this man could ever be happy and do you think he will ever leave his partner if I can show him there eis more to life than being in a relation ship that your unhappy in?
    Trouble321 Posts: 54, Reputation: 12

Sep 4, 2007, 12:44 PM
    You cannot make him leave his relationship to be with you. Only he can decide to change the situation he is in. I don't think it is healthy for you to become involved with a guy who already has a partner. No matter what their situation is. Remember you are only hearing his side of things.

Just coming out of a long relationship is tough, you tend to seek comfort from the first person you end up latching onto. This is not healthy nor does it guarantee future happiness. You are just trying to fill an emotional void left by the last person you dated.
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Sep 4, 2007, 01:11 PM
    If he wanted to leave, he would have already. If the relationship he's in was really rotten, he would leave... even for the sake of the kids. Sometimes leaving is a healthier way for children to grow up than to be around 2 parents who don't want to be together.

Take some time for yourself. Tell him if/when he breaks up and moves out of this relationship he can give you a call.

You don't have to show him there is more to life than a bad relationship... he's old enough, he knows that by now. Besides, what he's telling you is what many married men who cheat tell their girlfriends. You don't want to be the "other woman". Find a man who's willing to let his world revolve around you. :)
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 4, 2007, 06:43 PM
    Your so miserable with your own life, you will fall for anything. Bet you can't explain why he keeps going back to this other female, if he is so miserable and gets kicked out all the time?? Come on, Get healthy, and find happiness and then you don't have to settle for someone else's crumbs.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Will I be happy? [ 4 Answers ]

Over the last 3 years I have been having a tough time. I nearly lost my unborn twins as they suffered from twin to twin transfusion .After they where born 9 weeks early my partner left me soon after. This was a stressful time for me as I already had a daughter that was 7 at the time. All I want to...

I'm happy, but is he? [ 7 Answers ]

I've been married for 1 year now and all together I have been with him for 5. Since we said "I Do", Some things haven't been the same. Now we are both sexually and physically attracted to each other... that's not a problem, but every time we get into an argument he threatens he wants a divorce,...

Not Happy [ 1 Answers ]

Im not happy with my other half and its driving me nuts I don't know what to do? Trust me I've tried everything I think that we bring out the worst in each other I'm just scared of making that next step in going our separate ways:(

I haven't been really happy with him [ 3 Answers ]

My husband and I have been married for two years, we just had a baby, but for the past two years of being together, I haven't been really happy with him. He's in the military and he's always busy with so many things, but he never makes time for me. Our communication is bad, every time we talk, we...

Happy Passover, Happy Easter! [ 22 Answers ]

I just wanted to wish all my friends on the board greetings for the spring season... If you're Jewish like my family, a very Happy Pesach and Good Seder! If you're Christian, a very Happy Easter! If you have some other religious practice that I've missed, please add it here if you like,...

View more questions Search