Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Veela Posts: 20, Reputation: 1

Aug 31, 2007, 09:04 PM
    Need some guidance Could I be Pregnant?
    So I need to ask again. I am beginning to really freak myself out. I don't think I am pregnant (or perhaps I don't want to think I am). I mean I just don't feel like I am. So here's the story. End of July I had unprotected sex, he pulled out before he came. Worried that I might get pregnant I took plan be. I had spotting a week later (similar to a light period).

I was supposed to get my period 9 days ago. It is never on time and the last time it was over a month late (I wasn't having sex then so I wasn't worried). For the last few days I have been having cramps, for the last 2 weeks I have been experiencing more sever acne (not unusual when I am expecting my period) along with increased discharge (not unusual when I am ovulating). I have recently discovered that these are also early symptoms of pregnancy so I am a little concerned. I haven't experienced breast tenderness, fatigue, or other more common symptoms but it maybe a little to early for those.

Finally I am wondering if maybe the spotting I experienced after taking PlanB was perhaps a very early period. I had just finished my period when I had unprotected sex so I am not sure if that's possible. I know that taking Plan B can really mess with your cycle but I am just so confused with all the signals I am getting from my body I need some clarification.

I am not ready to take a HPT at this point. I can not handle something that definite at this point (I probably will in a few days I am just not sure what to do at this point)
    dogwalker Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Aug 31, 2007, 09:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Veela
    So I need to ask again. I am beginning to really freak myself out. I don't think I am pregnant (or perhaps i don't want to think I am). I mean I just don't feel like I am. So here's the story. End of July I had unprotected sex, he pulled out before he came. Worried that I might get pregnant I took plan be. I had spotting a week later (similar to a light period).

I was supposed to get my period 9 days ago. It is never on time and the last time it was over a month late (I wasn't having sex then so I wasn't worried). For the last few days I have been having cramps, for the last 2 weeks I have been experiencing more sever acne (not unusual when I am expecting my period) along with increased discharge (not unusual when I am ovulating). I have recently discovered that these are also early symptoms of pregnancy so I am a little concerned. I haven't experienced breast tenderness, fatigue, or other more common symptoms but it maybe a little to early for those.

Finally I am wondering if maybe the spotting I experienced after taking PlanB was perhaps a very early period. I had just finished my period when I had unprotected sex so I am not sure if that's possible. I know that taking Plan B can really mess with your cycle but I am just so confused with all the signals I am getting from my body I need some clarification.

I am not ready to take a HPT at this point. I can not handle something that definite at this point (I probably will in a few days I am just not sure what to do at this point)
    Not sure why you don't want to take a HPT; it really is what you will need to do to either confirm your suspicions or if it's negative it will give you great relief. The stress and worry has to be consuming you and look at it this way - if you ARE pregnant, NOT taking the test won't change anything and if it is positive at least it's still early enough to consider all your options. I am not a physician but I have had several children, and the symptoms you describe are possible in early pregnancy, but they could very well be caused by any number of things. Please take the test as they're h ighly accurate. Good luck.

Judy
    Veela Posts: 20, Reputation: 1

Sep 2, 2007, 07:27 PM
    I just wanted to let you know that I overcame my fear and took the test. It was negative, if I don't get my period within the next couple of days I will take a second test and when that one is also negative I will see my doctor and fin out what is causing this irregularity. So thank you for your advice.
    dogwalker Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Sep 3, 2007, 08:52 PM
    Good! That's great to hear. I know it had to be so scary but to just wonder and worry is worse. Best of luck to you. I hope you can find out what's causing your problem.

Judy

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

4 weeks pregnant confirmed but not feeling pregnant [ 22 Answers ]

I'm 4 weeks pregnant started bleeding yesterday but it stopping now the problem is I'm not feeling any symptoms but then again I'm only 4 weeks are they to start around 10 weeks before my mood was at a high like I've never fely before my appetite has gone over the last few days but that might be...

I'm a little pregnant.I think [ 31 Answers ]

I took yet ANOTHER test this morning. I used the clear blue easy +/- brand. My results were a - with a several dots moving in the opposite direction making a pseudo +. AAAAAARRRRRGGGGHHHH! I just want to know for the love of god! What do you guys think? Is a pseudo + as good as an all the way +?...

Am I pregnant? [ 3 Answers ]

Me and My boyfriend had had sexual intercourse and after we had finished he went to take the condom off and there was a split in it and it was about 1 cm long.. and he blew in me as well I haven't been taking the pill laltely what are my chances of being pregnant? Can someone please answer it...

Guidance [ 2 Answers ]

Can you provide me with the lists of colleges and universities in U.S.A. that offer biotechnology as major.

Some guidance wanted? [ 1 Answers ]

Oops now to certification! Well you can undrestand that after college I did not even had much time to even relax, my best buddy is just insisting that I should go for some IT certification as this would help me to get an edge over others.I have been planning to take MCSE. Will any one just advice...

View more questions Search