Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gator2 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 29, 2007, 08:27 AM
    Replacing Janitrol Thermostat with Honeywell Thermostat
    I am attempting to replace my manual Janitrol Model HPT 18-60 thermostat with a Honeywell Programmable Model CT3500 thermostat.
    My Heat Pump is a Trane TWR012-042C
    The 6 wires connected to the Janitrol thermostate are:
    Y, W2, G, R, O, C

How do I connect these six wires to the Honeywell that doesn't have a W2 or a C?
    Thank you.
    KC13 Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 99
    Ultra Member

Aug 29, 2007, 08:41 AM
    Make sure the new t-stat is compatible for 2-stage heat, 1-stage cooling. If it isn't you will need one that is.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Replacing Weathertron thermostat with Honeywell [ 7 Answers ]

I am attempting to replace our Weathertron thermostat with a Honeywell RTH3100C. We have a Trane heatpump system. I am having trouble with the wiring. My wires don't match the 'less common wire designations' in the manual. I have the following wires on the Weathertron: R-red T-brown O-orange...

Replacing old thermostat with a Honeywell RTH230B [ 4 Answers ]

I am replacing my old Honeywell mecury thermostat with a programmable Honeywell RTH230B. I have two unmarked wires (red & white) connected to the old thermostat. I know, given my furnace, that I need to use connections "RH" and "W" on my new thermostat. What wire, Red/White goes to what...

Thermostat wiring diagram; janitrol 7W/honeywell 5W [ 1 Answers ]

What is the wiring layout from the Janitrol hpt 18-60 to the Honeywell RTH230B?

Replacing old Fedders with Honeywell thermostat [ 2 Answers ]

I am replacing an old Fedders thermostat with a new Honeywell. The new thermostat ask to identify wires for Rh Rc W Y & G My old Fedders has V H C & F Can someone tell me wich equates to what. Thanks in advance. Amador

Please Help w/Replacing Honeywell Thermostat... [ 3 Answers ]

Hi! I've just removed my Honeywell Thermostat and am trying to replace it with a Noma programmable tstat... but am having problems with the wiring. There are 5 wires coming out of the wall - Green, Black, Orange, Red and White, and only 4 posts on the Noma tstat (Green, Red, Yellow and White). ...

View more questions Search