Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    artman999 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 28, 2007, 06:06 AM
    Connecting copper to brass
    I'm remodelling my bathroom and need to connect 1/2" copper to 1" brass pipe, all the brass connections are threaded if I cut a section away for a compression fitting there is not enough 'play' to slide the pipe into the fitting any suggestions.. thanks Andy
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Aug 28, 2007, 08:23 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by artman999
    I'm remodelling my bathroom and need to connect 1/2" copper to 1" brass pipe, all the brass connections are threaded if I cut a section away for a compression fitting there is not enough 'play' to slide the pipe into the fitting any suggestions..thanks Andy
    You will ask for a copper "Thread to slip ! X !/2" female adapter",(see image).
    Teflon tape the threads and you will be able to solder a 1/2" copper pipe to the other end. Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sautering filler? Copper to brass [ 4 Answers ]

What material do you use to fill in when sautering copper to brass? Is it brazing rod? Silver sauter? etc. Any input is much appreciated. Thanks!

Copper vs. PVC vs. Brass vs. Rubber [ 4 Answers ]

Hey all... new to the boards. Wanted to ask about using copper pipe for the inlet & outlet piping of the pump. How is it affected by the Cl levels? I work for a company where I can get FREE 1.5" Cu and ALL fittings... I wanted to make my system look better by doing it all in cooper and...

Connecting brass drain of a tub to pvc waste line [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am plumbing a new american standard tub. The overflow/waste drain is attached and in place. My existing waste line is 1 1/2" pvc, but the brass drain seems to be someplace between 1 1/4" and 1 1/2". What is the best method to attach to the wast line (with a p-trap before the...

Connecting PVC to Threaded Copper fitting [ 2 Answers ]

I have a fitting in a wall which began leaking with mold developing on the wall board. When I took out the wall the culprit was a fitting between a female threaded copper fitting and a male PVC fitting in a hot water line. I initially took out the PVC fitting and fitted the joint with a new fitting...

Sautering 2" copper to 2" brass [ 2 Answers ]

Note sure if this is the right forum... my husband is in construction at work right now and they have asked me to find out how to sauter 2" copper to 2" brass? Is this possible... if so how? :D Thanks for any input. CORRECTION: What material do you use to fill in when sautering copper to...

View more questions Search