Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jeramos19 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 27, 2007, 08:50 PM
    Why Can't I Get Pregnant?
    I have been trying to get prgenant with my boyfriend in the past 8 months. I was suppose to get my period on July 31, 2007 but I got nothing. Before the 31st I have been spotting for about 2 days and then it stopped on the 31st. And yet I still have not gotten my period. Now today August 28, 2007 I am getting a little bit of blood but not so much that it's a period just started today... My periods have been regularfor the past 7 months until the 31st and I do have an intercourse with my boyfriend during ovulation but still no luck... Can you help me please?
    Scooby03 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 28, 2007, 01:58 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jeramos19
    I have been trying to get prgenant with my boyfriend in the past 8 months. I was suppose to get my period on July 31, 2007 but i got nothing. Before the 31st I have been spotting for about 2 days and then it stopped on the 31st. And yet I still have not gotten my period. Now today August 28, 2007 I am getting a little bit of blood but not so much that it's a period just started today....My periods have been regularfor the past 7 months until the 31st and I do have an intercourse with my boyfriend during ovulation but still no luck....Can you help me please?
    Hi, I have just put a question on myself about this... I have been trying for 14 months and nothing - I am really frustrated... I am starting to think maybe something is wrong? My partner and I can both have children as we have two boys (with other partners)...

I don't know what to say to you as I am searching for answers myself... just letting you know you are not on your own X
    alkalineangel Posts: 2,391, Reputation: 323
    Ultra Member

Aug 28, 2007, 07:20 AM
    Have you taken a HPT? Because if you have two lighter periods, this would be my first step...

It can take healthy couples up to a year of trying before conceiving, and that is if there are no other issues such as prior hormonal birth control use, endometriosis, etc. I always suggest going to your doctor and getting a clean bill of health before trying. I would say if you go longer than 18 months with no luck, go to your doctor and explain the issue. It is possible both you and your partner need to be tested... of course, it is always easier to start with your partner (less invasive). Really, it is very hard to get pregnant. WE as women only have a small window of time where the conditions are perfect to conceive, typically only 3-5 days... and then we have to hope that the boys do their job...

I suggest charting your cycle. Learn the days in which you ovulate and also chart your cervical musus. Ovulation prediction kits are also very helpful. But ultimately, if you let go and stop thinking about conceiving, it is more likely to occur. Any stress can really throw off our hormonal balance and alter the settings for our bodies. I would go to the store and pick up some prenatal vitamins and omega 3 fatty acids - while this will not improve your chances of conceiving, it will make your bosy more hospitable for when it does happen. Good luck! Try not to worry, despite what things may look like around you, making babies is not easy work, many women are in your shoes.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

4 weeks pregnant confirmed but not feeling pregnant [ 22 Answers ]

I'm 4 weeks pregnant started bleeding yesterday but it stopping now the problem is I'm not feeling any symptoms but then again I'm only 4 weeks are they to start around 10 weeks before my mood was at a high like I've never fely before my appetite has gone over the last few days but that might be...

I'm a little pregnant.I think [ 31 Answers ]

I took yet ANOTHER test this morning. I used the clear blue easy +/- brand. My results were a - with a several dots moving in the opposite direction making a pseudo +. AAAAAARRRRRGGGGHHHH! I just want to know for the love of god! What do you guys think? Is a pseudo + as good as an all the way +?...

Am I pregnant? [ 3 Answers ]

Me and My boyfriend had had sexual intercourse and after we had finished he went to take the condom off and there was a split in it and it was about 1 cm long.. and he blew in me as well I haven't been taking the pill laltely what are my chances of being pregnant? Can someone please answer it...

Could I be pregnant ? [ 3 Answers ]

I have been on the pill for the past seven years and have recently come off it at the end of Feb and got my first real period at the start of March , I have had unprotected sex from 17th march until the 23rd march and have had gotten my period on Monday 26th March. Is there a chance I could be...

Pregnant and having MS [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: I have MS (Multiple Sclerosis) and now also expecting. Im taking the new drug "Tysabri" due to many relapses from other treatments. I want a healthy baby, and to be able to carry full term.This was not a planned pregnancy, Im really nervous. Are there more expected side effects or...

View more questions Search