Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    leemia Posts: 26, Reputation: 1

Aug 27, 2007, 11:11 AM
    Paranomal phenomena
    I would like to speak to sipirts I just do not no how to and I would like to see them but I do not want to be scard can someone tell me how to do this.
    wbbk7knu Posts: 18, Reputation: 1

Aug 29, 2007, 08:55 PM
    Ya, if you astral project you can have dealings with ghosts or spirits or other beings of a non physical nature.
    I got into astral projection, and to get over the fear I was having when dealing with nonphysical beings I prayed to God to remove my fear there, and that worked for me.
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Aug 29, 2007, 10:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by leemia
    i would like to speak to sipirts i just do not no how to and i would like to see them but i do not whant to be scard can someone tell me how to do this.
    Just a word of precaution,
    The spirit world/ghosts/Jinn are an unknown entity and most times invisible.
    It is not a good idea to try to contact them just for the sake of it or to even trust ghosts as one cannot gauge if it is good or bad and the connection between you and them may possibly harm you .
    Or they may get too attached to you and make it difficult for you to have a normal life as they may intrude in all your relationships with others like your loved ones.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Aug 29, 2007, 10:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by leemia
    i would like to speak to sipirts i just do not no how to and i would like to see them but i do not whant to be scard can someone tell me how to do this.
    Most people don't want to speak with or see spirits. Why would you want to do that?

Also, it would be good if you would heed the advice of firmbeliever.
    IntroducingEmy Posts: 87, Reputation: 12

Aug 30, 2007, 01:01 AM
    If you really feel the need to do it, why not use an indirect way like EVP (Electronic Voice Phenomenon)? All you need is a tape player, some patience, and a keen ear. There are lots of sites that explain how it works and it lets you not necessarily be there while the spirits are interacting with the recordings. Just a thought. :)
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Aug 30, 2007, 08:54 AM
    Leemia,
    Here's the info you requested on Jinns.
    http://www.geocities.com/mutmainaa/belief/jinn.html

Genie
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genie#Jinn_in_Islam

Genie is the English term for the Arabic جني (jinnie). In pre-Islamic Arabian mythology and in Islam, a jinni (also “djinni” or “djini”) is a member of the jinn (or “djinn”), a race of supernatural creatures. The word “jinn” literally means anything which has the connotation of concealment, invisibility, seclusion, and remoteness.

Etymology and definitions

Genie is the usual English translation of the Arabic term jinni, but it is not an Anglicized form of the Arabic word, as is commonly thought. The English word comes from French génie, which meant a spirit of any kind, which in turn came from Latin genius, which meant a sort of tutelary or guardian spirit thought to be assigned to each person at birth. The Latin word predates the Arabic word jinni, and the two terms have not been shown to be related. The first recorded use of the word in English was in 1655 as geny, with the Latin meaning. The French translators of The Book of One Thousand and One Nights later used the word génie as a translation of jinni because it was similar to the Arabic word both in sound and in meaning; this meaning was also picked up in English and has since become dominant. The plural, according to Sir Richard Francis Burton, is Jan.
    ----
    from the same article
    Jinn in Islam

The jinn are said to be creatures with free will, made from 'smokeless fire' by God (the literal translation being “subtle fire”, i.e. a fire which does not give itself away through smoke), much in the same way humans were made of earth. According to the Recitation, jinn have free choice, and Iblis used this freedom in front of God by refusing to bow to Adam when God told Iblis to do so. By refusing to obey God's order he was thrown out of the Paradise and called “Shaitan” (See Shaitan). In the Qur'an, jinn are frequently mentioned and Sura 72 of the Qur'an named Al-Jinn is entirely about them. Another Sura (Al-Naas) mentions the Jinn in the last verse. In fact, it is mentioned in the Qur'an that Muhammad was sent as a prophet to both “humanity and the jinn”.

The jinn have communities much like human societies: they eat, marry, die, etc. They live in tribes and have boundaries. They follow the same religions as humans do, and follow the same ranks in armies as humans do. Jinns can settle in a vast area to a tiny hole, as they are massless and can be fit into any space they find sufficient for them. They are invisible to humans, but they can see humans. Sometimes they accidentally or deliberately come into view or into contact with humans. Jinn are believed to live much longer than humans: some of whom are said to be still alive have seen Mohammad (who lived during the 7th century), which would affirm their long life. Much like humans, djinn have learned to assimilate into the human world when they desire to do so. In many cases they live unnoticed among people marked only by the rather unusual or somewhat secretive practises they keep. They cannot breed with humans. One power that all of their descendants seem to keep despite dilution of their bloodline is invisibility.

Jinn can transform themselves into humans and can be summoned by humans. In Islam, humans attempting to perform black magic on humans call Jinn specializing in dirty deeds to perform the magic; such black magic on humans can only be undertaken by dark Jinn - “Ifrit” or “Marid”. In many Islamic countries there are people who perform or supposedly perform black magic (usually for cursing other people, or using jinns to influence a marriage to end in divorce, etc) in exchange for money. Thus, a person often pays a magician, who then calls upon a dark djinn, who then performs the magic, at least supposedly.
    ---------------------------------------------------

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Paranormal phenomena in house [ 6 Answers ]

My sister just moved into a house and she thinks it really scary. We took pictures in the basement and on the pictures there are faces in everyone of them. We wanted to know if anyone was killed or died in the house

Paranormal phenomena [ 14 Answers ]

Hi guys, I need your opinion on a problem which me and my wife are facing in the recent days... Often when I or my wife lay on the bed to sleep something happens and we cannot move our body at all... we cannot move hand, feet, head etc... we feel that we are alive and we feel that we are...

Paranormal phenomena [ 3 Answers ]

I have 3 kids my 9yr old said he heard a scarching sound like a dog with fleas scarching it self the only thing we have no dog I also seen shadows in my rm my 5yr old sees ghost he saya my moms house has some but at the house we have none.

Paranormal phenomena [ 4 Answers ]

I used to see a young man about my home, he would just "be there" from time to time... well once he showed up and really surprised me so I said "will you stop doing that", and now he never comes around... how should I invite him back so I may see what he wants/needs etc? Ps I live near saltville...

Physical phenomena [ 1 Answers ]

I want to know that why does water coming out of a shower is colder than ordinary tap water ?

View more questions Search