Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lisa543 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 26, 2007, 10:39 PM
    How soon does pot show up in a follicle screen?
    I smoked it once a week ago. I have a hair drug test coming up in the next month. Will it be detected?
    kt1205 Posts: 125, Reputation: 4
    -

Aug 26, 2007, 10:47 PM
    I heard once that it stays in your system for 3 weeks or something
    Tiger Bass Posts: 5, Reputation: 2

Sep 4, 2007, 08:51 PM
    THC can be detected in follicle tests up to 3 months after the last use of marijuana. However, there are shampoos that claim they can cleanse your hair. I personally can not recommend since I have never had to use any, but there are several on the market that people say work.
    Plinko Posts: 20, Reputation: 3

Sep 13, 2007, 02:54 PM
    Lisa,
    You have NOTHING to worry about especially since you smoked it only once.
    saraispiel19 Posts: 670, Reputation: 115
    -

Sep 13, 2007, 02:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Plinko
    lisa,
    you have NOTHING to worry about especially since you smoked it only once.
    Wrong- it will show up. THC (Tetrαhydrocαnnαbinol) cαn stαy in α person's body for αs long αs 3 to 90 dαys αfter smoking or being ingested orαlly. there αre numerous determining fαctors for how long drug toxins stαy in α persons body which vαry from person to person, such αs the αnαlyticαl method used, your heαlth, your body weight, metαbolism, fluid intαke, the type of drug toxin, αnd the degree of exposure to the drug toxin. however this is more useful for α urine test

***hαir tests αre even worse, since your body stores THC in the hαir follicles αnd αlso depending on the αmount of hαir thαt the testing tαkes, it's possible thαt mαrijuαnα could be detected up to three yeαrs αfter the lαst time thαt you smoked***

more αbout your drug test: αfter using drugs, toxins αre induced into the bloodstreαm which supplies developing hαir follicles. Consequently, trαce αmounts of the drug or drug metαbolite αre deposited into the core of the hαir follicle αs it grows out αnd will continue to be deposited for αs long αs the drugs or drug metαbolites remαins in the bloodstreαm. normαl growth rαtes for hαir on the humαn scαlp αre αpproximαtely one hαlf inch per month. The mαjority of hαir drug screens require αpproximately 60 strαnds of hαir αt α length of one αnd α hαlf inches (90 dαys of growth). Most lαbs will not test less thαn one month of hαir growth αnd will αcquire body hαir from vαrious locαtions except from the pubic αreα if necessαry.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Sep 13, 2007, 03:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by lisa543
    Will it be detected?
    Hello lisa:

It probably will.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hair follicle test [ 5 Answers ]

Hair follicle test- I am currently trying to get another job and ii know they give hair follicle tests. I probably won't have to take the test for another two to three weeks. About three weeks ago I smoked marijuana with a friend. Just took a couple of pulls off a one-hitter. That is it. I...

Hair follicle test [ 2 Answers ]

I haven't smoked weed in 2 years but on Saturday I hit it 4 times and took 4 pill how could I pass with over the counter or any thing I can buy at a store I have to take a hair drug on Tuesday

Will one Lorcet, taken ten days ago, show up on a follicle screen? [ 2 Answers ]

Situation: Ten days ago, my boyfriend had a headache for three days that he couldn't get rid of. He took a lorcet that was prescribed to me almost three years ago (out of a prescription of 20, there are still 16 in the bottle). Yesterday, while on a secondary interview, he was advised he'd...

Hair follicle testing [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone one know of a web site or company that sells hair follicle collection kits that will cover synthetic opiates? I'm looking to identify Nubain on a hair follicle screen, I don't think it can be identified by name, but it would be covered by a test that covered synthetic opiates. Thank...

Having a problem moving my address bar from bottom of screen to top of screen [ 11 Answers ]

Hello everyone, I can't seem to bring up an address bar at the top of the screen because when I right click at the top of the page, the options are not lit up. I could only bring up an address bar at the bottom. Since it gets in the way at the bottom, I would like to know if anyone can help me...

View more questions Search