Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lulu2912 Posts: 83, Reputation: 4

Aug 23, 2007, 08:39 AM
    Low progesterone level.not pregnant
    Okay so I just found out that I have low progesterone levels. I am not pregnant but have been trying since January. Does anyone know what causes low progesterone? The Dr. is going to start me on Clomid in a couple of weeks to help me get pregnant. Does Clomid raise your progesterone levels?
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Aug 23, 2007, 10:30 AM
    Check this out, hun :)
    CLOMIPHENE - ORAL (Clomid, Serophene) side effects, medical uses, and drug interactions.
    rainbow0406 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Oct 25, 2007, 12:59 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by lulu2912
    Okay so I just found out that I have low progesterone levels. I am not pregnant but have been trying since January. Does anyone know what causes low progesterone? The Dr. is going to start me on Clomid in a couple of weeks to help me get pregnant. Does Clomid raise your progesterone levels?
    Lulu, did you have any symptoms of this? - pmt, longer heavier periods, sore breasts, headaches, nausea?
    macksmom Posts: 1,787, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Oct 25, 2007, 04:52 AM
    Low levels of progesterone could be because you may not be ovulating. When you do ovulate, excess pregesterone is released... so if your levels are low, that may signify no ovulation... hence your doctor starting you on Clomid to make you ovulate... which I am on as well :) good luck!
    Tuscany Posts: 1,049, Reputation: 229
    Ultra Member

Oct 25, 2007, 05:05 AM
    I too am on Clomid... my third round to be exact. Macksmom's response is 100% correct (sorry Mack I have to spread the love). One thing that I have learned about Clomid is that it makes you very sleepy. I always take mine at night. Just a little tip.

Good Luck!
    Ultra Member

Oct 25, 2007, 05:35 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuscany
    I too am on Clomid...my third round to be exact. Macksmom's response is 100% correct (sorry Mack I have to spread the love). One thing that I have learned about Clomid is that it makes you very sleepy. I always take mine at night. Just a little tip.

Good Luck!
    Thanks hun :D

3rd round :confused: well crapola... I am on round one, was hoping that was all I needed.
    lulu2912 Posts: 83, Reputation: 4

Oct 25, 2007, 08:05 AM
    I am actually 6 weeks and 6 days pregnant!! Clomid worked after one treatment
    Ultra Member

Oct 25, 2007, 08:15 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by lulu2912
    I am actually 6 weeks and 6 days pregnant!!! Clomid worked after one treatment
    Well it would have helped had I read when you originally posted the question instead of it being bumped to the top by other posting :o

I was a bit confused... cause I thought you had said (maybe on my post asking about side effect of Clomid) that you were pregnant.

Well congrats! :)

Hope I have the same luck! :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Low estrogen Level [ 11 Answers ]

My friend is 26 years old and in the past year has been having dizziness, heart palpatations, and fatigue. She has undergone extensive testing for low sugar levels and just recently during a 6 hour glucose tolerance test her test revelaed her sugar dropped in the last 2 hours and that her estrogen...

Progesterone level - Could I be pregnant? [ 6 Answers ]

I have been Trying to conceive for over a year (closer to 18 months & I have had one miscarriage), on Monday I had a progesterone level drawn to confirm I was ovulating (it was CD 21). I did not hear back from the MD within 24 hours as expected so I called yesterday at the close of business & was...

Pregnant.. Progesterone Levels... [ 2 Answers ]

I Am 4 Weeks Pregnant From The Date Of My Last Period 9-11-06 And I Have A History Of Misscarrying. I Had My Blood Drawn Yesterday, My Progesterone Level Is At 27.1. What Is The Normal Progesterone Level During Pregnancy, Week To Week? Is My Level Ok? Please Respond Asap

Low HCG Level [ 0 Answers ]

I found I am pregnant and the first day of my last period is 12/2/04. I went to the hospital because of pain and they said I had a bacteria infection, that maybe causing the pain. They tested my hcg level and the doctor said it was too low, it had a level of 73. She said either I am too early or...

View more questions Search