Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    daisymactx Posts: 46, Reputation: 7

Aug 21, 2007, 09:35 AM
    Hard drive crashed - lost CD-ROM driver
    I have a G3, under OS 10.3.9 and classic, with 2 hard drives, and one crashed. I was able to mount it with the other hard drive under OS 9.2 and make a copy of the system from the bad drive. I replaced the bad drive, reinstalled the OS 10.3, and restored most of the system from the previous drive. Now when I put an old CD into the drive it won't mount. It says it doesn't recognize it. I looked in the system profiler and there is no OS 9 driver for the CD ROM drive. Anyone know where I can find that or what it is called? :confused:

Check out some similar questions!

Replace existing hard drive with upgrade to larger hard drive? [ 6 Answers ]

How do you replace existing hard drive for a larger one and how to save info on existing device?

Cd Rom, Cd driver, Cd writer driver [ 1 Answers ]

I have never had any problems with this before. I used to be able to save data, music, pictures and etc on my cd writer. I tried saving some pictures that I have recently gathered with our new baby and while my wife was pregnant. So I tried everything. The writer does not do anything. Does...

Hard Drive Crashed? [ 2 Answers ]

How do you know if your hard drive crashed? What does it do or not do? Why do I get "No Signal" on my monitor in French or Spanish? (Monitor works with another computer) Why will my power button work to turn on the computer, but won't turn it off? Many questions... no answers!

I've lost my cd-rom drive [ 3 Answers ]

We had a power loss (surge?) this am (chimputer was on w/surge protector), upon power restoration, I rebooted comp and neither of my dvd/cd drives are being found. When looking in the device mngr there is a little ! Next to the drives. I tried reinstalling the drivers but it did not help:confused....

Hard Drive problem - crashed and trying to recover data [ 10 Answers ]

G'day All, I'm having a hard drive problem. My hard drive crashed I've bought a new one have loaded up windows xp pro tried connected my old drive (making a clunking noise) as a slave drive and my computer just hangs at the XP pro openning window and does not advance. If I disconnect the slave win...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.