Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lotz_of_Questions Posts: 179, Reputation: 17

Aug 15, 2007, 10:08 AM
    Need Info on Starting Hardwood Floor Business
    Hello All,

So my hubby and his friend have been installing and finishing hardwood floors for over 5 years. Now they want to start their own business doing this. I think it's a great idea. He asked me to find out info on how to do it. I'm happy to help but I don't know where to start. We live in Utah. I guess what I'm looking for is how to get a license fees, requirements, tax info, and general counceling. Any help or advice is appriciated.

Thanks,

Lotz! :)
    dcole Posts: 38, Reputation: 8

Aug 15, 2007, 11:12 AM
    Hi, we have our own business. Lots of not so fun stuff to do in the beginning. Contact your muninipality to get a business license. You'll have to contact gov't for business number - I'm from Canada - so it'll be different.

What made me stop to answer your question was that your hubby is going into business with a friend. Consider seriously if this necessary or not... it comes back to haunt you... trust me. If you can't go it alone, then make sure all of your job descriptions and expectations are CLEARLY defined before any trouble begins. Be thorough here and you'll thank me later.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Glue on hardwood floor [ 5 Answers ]

Just ripped up the carpet and found maple hardwood floors underneath, on one part there is a stretch where it was glued. Does anyone the best producted to use to remove it? Or is sanding my only option? Thanks.

Glue removal.hardwood floor [ 7 Answers ]

Any special solvents to remove flooring glue from hardwood flooring... or home remedies?

Tile over hardwood floor [ 2 Answers ]

Have a hardwood floor that has some replacement boards in it, in a bathroom. There are some good size cracks between the boards. What would be the best product to use to put between the cracks and level up the floor so I can put down "peel and stick" tile squares on the bathroom floor. Want it to...

Hardwood floor scratches [ 1 Answers ]

A friend helping(yeah right) me move my sofa,slided the sofa across my hardwood floor.Now we have large light streakes on the dark wood.Not deep to touch,just light enough to see soon as soon as I walk in room. What can I do? Short of redoing the whole room.This is a large room and the scratches...

Hardwood floor [ 1 Answers ]

I'm taking up carpet form old hardwood floor and going to put new hardwood floor next to the old, there is about 1/2 inch difference in height what kind of transition do I need between the old and new.

View more questions Search